Senior Product Manager, Esports at Zwift
Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve. Sound interesting?
Who we're looking for:
The product management discipline at Zwift is responsible for leading cross-functional teams to execute against our strategy to create a new sport, born from gaming that will make Zwift a household name.
This is a hands-on role where you will primarily partner with the Zwift game, engineering, marketing, and esports team, across operations, media and commercial, to define and bring to life a premiere Zwift esports experience. The ideal candidate will think holistically about esports and understand how to produce compelling gameplay and an entertaining viewer experience.
This position requires individuals that are data driven while still able to creatively solve for and build superior customer experiences. You will design tests to help identify esports experiences that are fun to play, and fun to watch. You’ll gather quantitative and qualitative data to inform the game team’s roadmap. At the same time, you’ll also create a web presence where our audience can follow the stories of our esports competitors, events and leagues, view the race calendar and results. You will build consensus among all stakeholders (both internal and external), own the product roadmap, and are willing to do anything from interpreting analytics to rallying a team of engineers to execute and deliver against firm deadlines. The role will work closely with other product managers, engineering, marketing, finance, and the esports and game teams.
We’re looking for an inquisitive and strategic senior product manager that isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to execute. You communicate clearly and can articulate the vision to technical and non-technical groups alike. If this is you, come join our team!
What you'll do:
- Own the entire product life cycle including ideation, defining key features and requirements, prioritization, communicating key milestones to partners and stakeholders, and executing against the esports product roadmap
- Work closely with senior management across all functions at Zwift (game, engineering, marketing and esports media and operations) to develop and execute against the esports roadmap
- Evangelize the esports product vision both internally and externally
- Serve internal customers by providing reporting solutions and visibility into the roadmap
- Partner with internal teams to iterate the product and features based on customer feedback
- Design product features and improvements through a mobile-first lens while continuously testing and iterating in rapid development cycles
- Build key partnerships with engineering, UX design, research and analytics and third party partners
- Plan rapid sprints, write user stories and acceptance criteria, lead UAT and QA
- Define and analyze key metrics to inform decision making and measure success
- Collaborate with other members of the product management team to continually improve internal processes and overall operations of the team
- Constantly communicate with the cross functional team as well as senior leadership to set expectations and provide transparency
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years relevant work experience
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in product management, design, business, technology or related discipline
- Proven experience managing a digital product’s full lifecycle, from design, content creation to testing and release
- Experience owning the product backlog
- Ability to lead and influence a cross-functional team and manage the entire project from ideation to execution
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement.
- High attention to detail including proven ability to document requirements and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Passion for sports and gaming
- Experienced Zwifter
- Experience using Optimizely, Google Analytics, and Amplitude
Top 5 Reasons We Think You'll Love It Here:
- Great Employee Fitness Program
- Amazing office location on the 18th floor with a killer view
- Full benefits package
- Awesome team of diverse individuals that love what they do
- Did we mention that we ride bikes and run at work?
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.