As the Ecommerce and Logistics Product Manager, you’ll work on the system that is at the center of our ecommerce business line, connecting both sides of our marketplace so that Weedmaps can become the #1 marijuana delivery company on earth. The logistics system is the hub connecting consumers and retailers. You will build tools to help marijuana retailers evolve and scale their businesses, improve and gamify their performance, and automate their operations, all while supporting consumers with an excellent customer experience. You’ll leverage new technologies, predictive analysis, combinatorial optimization and operational processes to make deliveries as efficient and as reliable as possible. You will have to know how to combine technology with pragmatic operational changes to fundamentally change the constraints of the problem, and achieve even greater solutions. You will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, you will need to think holistically and understand the business deeply to set the right long term strategy for the company.
- Design intuitive user experiences that make complex logistics processes seem easy
- Craft thoughtful and thorough requirements, using data to make smart tactical prioritization decisions that balance user experience, technical and business trade-offs
- Natural ability to make stuff happen around you through influence. You handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organized way
- Ability to prioritize ruthlessly and drive excellence in planning and execution
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, etc.
- Highly collaborative and the ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams
- Work alongside Engineering & QA in spring planning and daily scrums to ensure timely execution of projects against progressive timelines
- Customer focused with deep empathy and understanding of customer needs and pain points
- Goal-oriented and ability to articulate, define, capture and monitor key product metrics that communicate the health, growth and performance of the product
- Strong track record of driving product vision and shipping customer vaulue
- 4+ years product management experience in a technological industry
- 2+ years experience in consumer-facing online ecommerce, wireless content, or mobile services
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly websites and customer-facing features
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis
- Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Proven ability to make smart feature (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; comfort responding quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Street smarts; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience managing agile software development with scrum preferred
- MBA preferred
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing backend services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!