Senior Product Manager, Core Product
Greater LA Area
Are you constantly thinking about ways that your favorite mobile apps could be improved? Do you love building inspiring, customer-facing products for different types of users? Are you passionate about leading small teams to big success? If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to these questions, then read on. We might just have the role for you.
About the Team:
At ChowNow, our mission is to help local restaurants grow their business by improving relationships with their customers.
We are passionate about serving the needs of over 10,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners, who transact over $1M daily on the ChowNow platform.
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — just a few minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should, too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the Position:
As our newest Product Manager, you will build, launch, and maintain our core suite of online ordering products that will help restaurants grow their business by strengthening relationships with their customers. You will be responsible for defining major new product initiatives and representing the Technology organization across the company. You’ll lead our teams in celebrating successes and acknowledging failures.
As a Product Manager, you'll work from our Los Angeles Headquarters. This position reports directly to the Chief Product Officer.
Specifically you will:
- Plan a product roadmap that helps local restaurants increase revenue coming from their branded online ordering channels.
- Collaborate with our Sales and Client Success teams to identify new opportunities to enhance ChowNow’s core product line.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest e-commerce technology and new ways to solve customer problems.
- Conduct UX research to learn consumer behavior and better empathize with our restaurant clients and their diners.
Within 30 days, you'll:
- Complete the ChowNow New Hire Ramp Camp.
- Learn ChowNow’s sales process to understand how we position our products and services to demonstrate value to local restaurant owners.
- Learn ChowNow’s client onboarding process to understand how restaurants are set up on the platform and how we help increase revenue for our clients.
- Become familiar with ChowNow’s product development cycle by releasing your first feature into production.
- Conduct customer interviews to empathize with our users and identify product opportunities.
- Facilitate usability research to ensure that user flows and interactions are simple and intuitive.
- Learn the Apple iOS app submission process.
Within 60 Days, you'll:
- Learn about the tech stack, database structure, and system architecture.
- Set key success metrics and establish a high-level product roadmap based on your discovery of customer pain points and how we can solve for them.
- Prioritize product backlog items for two full sprints of design and development work.
- Become familiar with our analytics tools and recommend improvements to our data strategy.
Within 90 days, you'll:
- Work with stakeholders to test proof-of-concepts with clients.
- Refine the product roadmap with scope and rough project milestones.
- Share the product roadmap with key stakeholders and articulate the customer and business impact.
- Release your first major product based on your rollout strategy.
Within 6 Months, you'll:
- Launch a full product redesign of our core web product.
Within 1 year, you'll:
- Launch a full mobile redesign.
You should apply if:
- You’re constantly curious about the latest consumer apps and trends in digital experiences.
- You have experience building B2B2C products.
- You've lead multiple products at once.
- You have experience working with agile teams and are a subject matter expert in teaching agile best practices to a team.
- You can naturally formulate hypotheses and analyze results to hone in on the right decisions.
- You are excited to interact with customers to collect feedback.
- You are able to identify nuggets of opportunity from a sea of data.
- You’re a fan of iterative development, working with cross-functional teams to hypothesize, measure impact, and learn from previous releases to iterate on future roadmap plans.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
Read Full Job Description