Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. Your work here can change the world. As we grow, so does the complexity of the regulatory landscape in which we operate. We are seeking a Sr. Product Manager, Compliance to join our Regulatory Affairs team, reporting directly to the Group Product Manager of Social Responsibility.
About the Role
You will contribute to the team that is responsible for delivering an outstanding platform that safeguards our members’ privacy and supports Tinder’s compliance efforts with regulations all over the world. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with deep experience taking care of the ever-evolving legal and compliance issues facing the tech industry, and it requires strong project and program management skills, and a passion for merging technology, data, and infrastructure.
Note: this role can be located in Los Angeles or San Francisco, CA, and will provide relocation.
What You'll Do:
- Build a Competitive Advantage: collaborate with stakeholders within Tinder and Match Group to understand the global regulatory landscape and to prioritize development initiatives to not only maintain, but to lead, compliance and privacy everywhere we operate.
- Manage Audits: collaborate with cross functional internal and external teams to develop and manage processes for continual audits, assessments, and improvements to compliance regulations, along with metrics to measure success.
- Excel Technically: Exhibit an excellent technical understanding of how data management, segmentation, and retention policies work under the hood.
- Think Analytically: Provide data and analytics support to inbound inquiries from Tinder and Match Group partners and external bodies to ensure timely, consistent, and thorough response and remediation to our compliance, privacy, and litigation teams.
What You'll Need:
- Previous experience and understanding of the global regulatory landscape, working on large-scale compliance, privacy, and data protection initiatives.
- A self starter having worked autonomously with product, product design, data, and backend, iOS, Android, Web engineering platforms.
- You let data win arguments, understand data flow end-to-end, with a strong ability to structure problem-solving approaches and to bring multiple solutions to solving sophisticated problems.
- A working familiarity with and a willingness to adopt cutting-edge technological solutions to privacy problems.
- Track record of delivery in constantly evolving, highly collaborative, cross functional-stakeholder environments with an ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Self starter, with strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to advocate and present high level goals to non-technical audiences, including leadership, in an easily digestible manner.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.