Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app. Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
Our team is looking for a Product Manager who is very analytical, organized and has experience driving projects in a fast-paced environment. You’ll help us maximize our current banking product’s potential, and effectively coordinate between other product managers, engineers, designers, analysts, and stakeholders.
Executing on this will require strong qualitative and quantitative research abilities, with a creative mindset and holistic approach to product management. You’ll work iteratively to ship and test features, partnering closely with research, data, design and engineering to help improve the Dave customer experience.
- Communicate, coordinate and work closely with product/engineering/design teams to deliver products from idea phase to our members' hands.
- Drive product development from small features to entirely new product offerings.
- Deeply understand the needs and behaviors of our users, and generate actionable insights through qualitative and quantitative research to drive product strategy
- Articulate user stories, requirements, define business value and identify success metrics.
- Be responsible for leading the charge on how our customers manage their Dave account, access Dave, and the integrations that power these features
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop and launch our referrals and incentives programs.
- Work on the definition and reporting of relevant KPIs to continually optimize technical and financial performance for our business.
- Gather and manage product feedback through concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Work with the team to monitor the competitive and industry landscape, keeping up-to-date with essential market advancements.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager or Sr. Product Manager, serving as the product owner of a Scrum Team and problem space
- Experience gathering requirements for new products and processes
- Comfortable creating new products from scratch.
- Possess an excellent product/design sense, and you can take complex problems and make simple experiences.
- Ability to lead complicated cross-functional projects while handling many moving pieces.
- Excellent communication with engineering, design, and senior management
- Experience crafting roadmaps.
- Experience with MarTech and/or FinTech desired.
- Representative of Dave’s values: helpful and decent, resourceful, innovative entrepreneur, transparent, and persistent.
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Catered lunch 3x/week
• Voluntary life insurance plan
• Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
• Flexible work hours
• 401(k) savings plan
• Central location
• Generous paid parental leave
• 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
• An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.