* This is a REMOTE position in the United States*
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
*REMOTE ROLE IN THE UNITED STATES*Summary:
We are searching for a Senior Architect to tie together the disciplines of Data Architecture, Data Science and Product Management. The ideal candidate has a passion for data at the technical level and the application of data.
In this role you will design systems and processes to provide answers to the following questions:
- What data should we generate?
- Who is going to consume the data and how can we enable them to do so?
- How do we gather and store data at scale?
- How should we efficiently analyze it at scale?
- What do we want to learn from it?
- How will we apply that knowledge to improve the Pluto TV product?
- Building and leading a team of Data Architects, Data Scientists and Machine Learning Architects
- Contributing to the roadmap for data architecture and data science
- Guiding the introduction of new technologies to support Pluto TV’s growing data needs
- Designing of appropriate data that can be consumed by multiple components within the Pluto TV architecture, end to end.
- Guiding the taxonomy of the data
- Guiding the migration of legacy data to updated data formats
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Architect
- Experience managing or leading a team of Data Architects or Data Scientists
- 5+ years ingesting, storing, supporting data at scale of multiple TB/day
- 3+ years supporting or creating Machine Learning systems
- Familiarity with DataBricks, Kafka, Snowflake, Elasticsearch, CUDA, Hadoop, Kubernetes
- Can design appropriate solutions unaided or takes the lead when collaborating
- Is a Subject Matter Expert in Data Architecture and Data Science technologies and processes
- Able to know how decisions made will affect system components at multiple levels across the Pluto TV software stack.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.