About The Brand
Overview and Responsibilities
The Senior Platform Product Manager - Android will be responsible for managing an Agile development scrum team and backlog that supports and develops enhancements to our Android Mobile and Android TV technology platforms. This role will offer significant value to the organization by maximizing the power of our streaming platform to support the many products and services that are built upon it. Since our Android streaming technology is so foundational to our business, this role will bring executional skill and a mastery of balancing multiple priorities that will strengthen the stability, performance and capabilities of our platform.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Developing a process for proactively identifying and responding to situations which may negatively impact platform health.
- Organizing, prioritizing, and balancing the backlog for your teams.
- Driving your teams to balance speed and executional excellence
- Actively identifying and removing impediments that may impact team velocity or deliverables.
- Working as a servant-leader within the team, using leadership skills to foster healthy and productive working relationships within your teams.
- Developing and maintaining a healthy working relationship with other functional teams throughout the organization, including but not limited to data integration, business intelligence, DevOps, STE, and distribution.
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
- 7+ years of consumer experience in software product management in a complex technical environment. Experience with streaming and Android technologies is a plus, but not required.
- Experience and knowledge in Agile software development. Agile certifications such as PMI-ACP, CSP, or SA are recommended, but we will consider those currently working in an agile environment.
- Adept with software development teams to remove cross-team dependencies, with validated experience driving those teams to higher levels of productivity and efficiency.
- Experience balancing expectations, driving partner reporting, and interfacing between a technical team and business partners.
- Solid understanding of data, and ability to communicate with others fluent in the language of data.
- Experience using data to drive important business decisions.