Senior Development Manager - Unpublished R&D Product
The Production discipline at Riot helps teams understand the vision of the product, and how we’re going to get there. We assist in building and delivering experiences beyond our audience's expectations. We’re involved in almost every product you can think of, be it an epic new skin, the Mechs vs. Minions board game, or the internal tools needed by engineers or artists to speed up their craft. Whatever the calling, we identify and deliver the solution that our audience needs.
The Development Manager role lives in the Production discipline. We work together as part of the giant central nervous system that includes nearly everyone at Riot. We’re interlaced on teams throughout the entire company, coordinating across different products and regions as we share goals, insights, and standard methodologies. It is through this communal learning, growing, and sharing of information that we help lead teams across Riot to delivery excellence.
On our R&D team, you will be working on an unannounced game, helping to drive work to completion. You will do this by collaborating with other initiatives to complete shared features and content, maintaining an initiative level schedule and run “what if” scenarios to aid with decision-making. Your role requires you to update partners with scope status and risks so we can help with our initiative leads backlogs, and hold other initiative leads accountable for completing their work.
- Guide teams to deliver player value through effective agile work systems and practices.
- Help a multidisciplinary team to build feature, content pipelines and workflows as well as monitor, mitigate and raise team health issues to ensure the initiative is running efficiently.
- Drive internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, and consistently focus on improvement.
- 5+ years of experience working in Game Development
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in delivering features to players in an always on, live service environment
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, Kanban work systems
- Experience in helping teams optimize their work processes
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).