Senior Deposit Product Manager - Treasury Management Solutions at City National Bank (Greater LA Area, CA)
SENIOR DEPOSIT PRODUCT MANAGER - TREASURY MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Deposit Product Manager ("PM") for Treasury Management Solutions ("TMS") is responsible for a portfolio of commerical deposit products. The TMS PM seeks, defines, introduces, promotes and monitors products, services and functionalities that develop new client relationships, enhance existing relationships and maximize returns. Core responsibilities include product strategy, product development, product management, product pricing, product positioning and product promotion, as well as compliance/risk management, vendor management, and product financials management. The TMS PM works with bank stakeholders, vendors and clients to continuously improve the product offering, servicing and analytics. The TMS PM ensures that products compete effectively in the markets we serve; and creates client experiences that exceed the needs and expectations of the clients we serve.
Treasury Management Solutions Division
As a member of City National's Treasury Management Solutions group, you will make a difference by delivering integrated technology solutions to help clients more efficiently manage their businesses and working capital. This group drives and supports the bank's cash management products and services that won City National four of its 11 Greenwich Excellence Awards in 2018.
What you will do
- Product Portfolio management: maintain and continuously improve a product portfolio that balances client value and cost; analyze and report on program performance to bank management.
- Financial management: keep track of costs and revenues, and project trends.
- Product strategy: develop strategic plans and business cases that promote new client acquisition and retention.
- Product development: identify product opportunities based on strategic objectives, client needs and market analysis for all business market segments
- Product management: monitor, track and evaluate existing products, enhancing or eliminating as appropriate to improve performance, profitability and competitiveness.
- Pricing: optimize revenue via strategic pricing decisions.
- Product positioning: develop positioning strategies to generate revenue, contribute to overall "brand" and differentiation, and extend relationship life.
- Product promotion: promote products as part of total relationship/segment offering.
- Product knowledge: Maintains excellent knowledge of assigned TMS products (strategy, industry trends, competition, operations, regulations, compliance, etc.) and the product management function, along with strong understanding of the bank's entire portfolio of products, how they fit together, how strategically positioned and sold.
- Client relationship support: works directly with clients in partnership with Sales teams in order to fully understand clients, client users and their needs, provide advisory services and gather product feedback.
- Product marketing: develop information on product features, benefits, requirements, pricing and services, and plan campaigns with the marketing team.
- Quality control: Accountable for appropriate quality controls for the products delivered, the service and support of the products and their operational processes.
- Vendor management: manage vendor service quality, costs and capacity to maximize client satisfaction, retention and profitability.
- Compliance: identify, communicate and coordinate efforts to mitigate product risk and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Culture management: Ensure that all City National products, financial solutions and services are provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first values embodied in City National's outstanding relationship service culture
- Provides business direction to junior Product Managers and can be responsible for prioritizing and coordinating their work
- Research and identify potential vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 7 years of experience in product management, project management, financial management and/or vendor management
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing medium to large product projects required
- 5 or more years of Financial Services industry experience preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have a working understanding of design thinking, agile development and how to enable products and services through digital channels (online, mobile, etc.)
- Preferred candidate will be skilled in matrix and project management, macro and micro level thinking and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience leading and delivering concurrent projects as part of a cross-functional team in a flat organization.
- Demonstrated experience forecasting product revenues and costs, and managing a product portfolio profitably within competition and vendor constraints
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Must possess excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Must be skilled with financial modeling and knowledgeable of financial concepts
- Must have ability to communicate at a strategic level with senior management
- Must have desire to maintain knowledge through industry networking, constant research and understanding of products.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Experience with Agile platforms preferred: Jira, Confluence, and TFS preferred
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, analytical, planning, and scheduling skills.
Starting base salary: $111,408 - $189,738 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits and Perks
At City National, we strive to be the best at whatever we do, including the benefits and perks we offer our colleagues. Get an inside look at our Benefits and Perks .
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.'
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.