Secondary Markets Product Lead at City National Bank (Greater LA Area, CA)
SECONDARY MARKETS PRODUCT LEAD
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Secondary Markets Product Lead will be responsible for mortgage secondary market activities at City National Bank, which includes both Agency pricing and whole loan sales to private investors. The ideal candidate will have the ability to build out secondary market processes, as well as execute the day to day activities. This individual contributor will report to the SVP of Residential Lending Pricing.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
What you will do
- Develop and lead mortgage secondary market activities and initiatives
- Manage secondary market investor relationships, and identify and develop new investors
- Establish daily pricing for conforming mortgages
- Work closely with the Residential Lending Product and Pricing team to develop and implement pricing strategies
- Assist in the development of production reporting, ensuring alignment with Finance and Accounting
- Review contracts, documents and agreements, ensuring that internal processes align to requirements
- Optimize profitability through best execution analysis
- Experience with pooling and delivery to aggregators and the Agencies
- Develop processes, procedures, controls, and ensure redundancy for all secondary market activities
- Minimum 5 years of banking experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory/managerial experience
- Minimum 10 years of product management, marketing, marketing research or strategic planning and/or project management experience required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing medium to large projects required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, analytical, planning, and scheduling skills.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills.
- Extensive industry/business knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as, strong presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Strategic thinker with strong technical skills.
- Understanding of conforming pricing and the whole loan sale process.
- Understanding of the Mortgage P&L and how to value mortgage assets.
- Ability to move quickly, while operating with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
Starting base salary: $111,408 - $189,738 per year. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location. This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits and Perks
At City National, we strive to be the best at whatever we do, including the benefits and perks we offer our colleagues. Get an inside look at our Benefits and Perks .
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.'
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.