Product Owner, INTO
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
- Slumbr – An event series for the high-minded partygoer, combining fashion, music, and art.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Grindr is seeking an outstanding Product Owner who desires an exciting career challenge to help build a unique, world-class company. The Product Owner of INTO will focus on developing and growing INTO’s global audience footprint, publishing tools and
- Represent and advocate for the Grindr user
- Develop strategies and execute product plans to scale the INTO web & mobile properties worldwide
- Define and communicate a product roadmap aligned with company objectives and supported by business cases, market research, customer data and competitive analysis
- Work with INTO Editorial & content production teams to drive and prioritize features to increase user engagement and monetization opportunities
- Partner with marketing to strategize and execute on plans to acquire users, engage them and develop into active users.
- Build products that are monetizable and drive incremental revenue or reduce operational costs/overhead
- Document and prioritize product specifications including goals, use cases and requirements
- Lead and motivate a cross-functional team of designers and engineers through the product lifecycle, using iterative development methodologies
- Communicate data-supported recommendations, product plan, key issues, and delivery status to key stakeholders including senior management
- Onboard, manage and build trusting relationships with third-party advertising partners, technology vendors, and other external partners.
- 5+ years’ experience as a product manager in a web or mobile digital content business
- Strong knowledge of digital content publishing lifecycle – CMS, production, publishing, syndication, and data-driven optimization.
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels – including SEO, SEO, Social, User Community management, etc.
- Has worked using iterative development methodologies and A|B testing best practices
- Excellent analytics. Can gather and utilize hard data to assess opportunities. Identifies intended results and measures outcomes.
- Determines needs, aligns priorities, defines requirements, delivers, and enhances
- Has led and motivated a cross-functional team. Working knowledge of user interface design practices and user testing. Worked with engineering to drive delivery and adapt to technical constraints without comprising user needs. Worked with Marketing to successfully launch programs
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Highly collaborative. Builds trust & strong relationships at all levels, influences without formal authority push back when appropriate. Earns respect and respects contributions of others.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Structures, clarifies, and breaks-down problems. Proven experience to concurrently lead multiple strategic and tactical initiatives.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical and dental insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.