Product Owner at NBCUniversal (Remote)
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBCUniversal's Enterprise Product Team builds products that provide essential capabilities to organizations throughout NBCUniversal. The team leverages deep relationships with our business engagement and engineering counterparts to build cohesive, end-to-end solutions for their clients or users. The product portfolio is aligned around critical NBCU functions such as Content/Title Management, Data & Analytics, Scheduling & Distribution, and Content Sales.
As a part of the Data & Analytics Product team, you will be responsible for Data Platform products focused on creating and delivering cutting-edge data solutions that empower our organization to make data-driven decisions and drive innovation.
At our core, we are an organization dedicated to building and maintaining robust and scalable data platforms that serve as the foundation for our data-driven initiatives.
We are passionate about creating a data ecosystem that fosters collaboration, empowers data scientists and analysts, and unlocks the value of our vast data assets. By leveraging state-of-the-art technologies, best practices, and industry standards, we aim to deliver data platforms that are efficient, secure, and reliable.
In our organization, we embrace the principles of Data Mesh, recognizing the importance of decentralizing data ownership and empowering domain experts. We believe in democratizing access to data, enabling self-service capabilities, and promoting data governance practices that ensure data quality, compliance, and security.
As a team, we work closely with various stakeholders, including data scientists, engineers, business leaders, privacy, legal, governance, and other product teams. Collaboration, effective communication, and a strong customer-centric mindset are our guiding principles as we gather requirements, prioritize features, and deliver value incrementally.
Together, we drive the strategic roadmap for our data platforms, continuously seeking opportunities for improvement, innovation, and optimization. We stay abreast of emerging technologies, industry trends, and evolving data needs to ensure that our organization remains at the forefront of the data landscape.
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of Data Mesh and play a crucial role in shaping and delivering innovative data-driven solutions that drive business growth and success.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required. A Master's degree is a plus.
- 5+ years full-time, post-graduation work experience in data analytics, media research, or data science with ad tech company, digital entertainment company, advertising agency, media research provider or data analytics firm
- Experience in developing or working closely with data and cloud platforms (such Snowflake and AWS) . This could include hands-on experience in designing and implementing data architectures or data pipelines.
- Experience in implementing data governance practices, ensuring data quality, and complying with data privacy regulations is valuable. Understanding the challenges and considerations related to data governance, data protection, and compliance can help the Product Owner ensure that the data platform meets necessary standards.
- Prior experience working as a Product Owner is desirable. Experience in managing the end-to-end lifecycle of a product, including gathering requirements, defining product roadmaps, and collaborating with cross-functional teams, is valuable for success in this role.
- Should have a strong understanding of data architecture principles, including data modeling, database design, and data integration patterns. They should be familiar with both traditional data warehousing and modern data lake architectures.
- Should be knowledgeable about different data storage technologies such as relational databases, NoSQL databases, distributed file systems (e.g., Hadoop, S3), and columnar databases.
- Familiar with data pipelines and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) or Extract, Load, Transform (ELT) processes and should understand the challenges associated with data ingestion, data transformation, and data movement across different systems
- Familiar with data governance practices, data privacy regulations (e.g., GDPR, CCPA), and compliance requirements. They should understand how to enforce data quality standards, implement data lineage and data cataloging, and ensure data security within the platform.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork abilities, with experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to facilitate productive discussions and foster a collaborative working environment.
Remote Workers: This position has been designated as fully remote, meaning that the position is expected to contribute from a non-NBCUniversal worksite, most commonly an employee's residence.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $100,000 - $130,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.