Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Product team at Relativity Space is a small, dynamic group situated in the Engineering & Manufacturing organization. We lead cross-functional projects spanning the whole company – including vehicle engineering, additive manufacturing, test & launch operations, people and finance. We are key partners to functional leaders solving complex cross-functional technical and strategic problems while also building the systems, tools and processes we need to scale into a multi-product company. We are masters of detail as well as strategic high-level thinkers. We love creating structure from the chaos while balancing the need for planning, rigor and speed - to design, build, test and fly the world's first 3D printed rocket!
What you’ll do:
In this role you will partner across teams, owning the ‘what’ ‘why’ and ‘how’ of a given project. You will be empowered to think about the full lifecycle of our products and processes, helping steer technology strategy and planning and drive execution. You will help to build and report key company metrics, track progress, and assess overall efficiency of product development activities. You will own and drive consensus in cross-functional trades and build product-level roadmaps.
The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years work experience, but this role can be scaled up or down to fit the right candidate. This is a new team at Relativity with lots of opportunity to support strategic initiatives and chart your own course.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, engineering, technology, or mathematics field
- 2-5 years of work experience in consulting, product management, engineering, or technical program management
- Strong communication skills, stakeholder management and ability to lead by influence
- Excellent skills in Excel, PowerPoint and other project management tools
- Project or work experience leading a complex, cross-functional project from start to finish
- Experience and interest solving ambiguous problems and building the structure and tools for new products and processes
- Demonstrated ability to learn new disciplines and skills quickly
Nice to haves but not required:
- Leadership or experience coordinating across a multidisciplinary engineering team
- Experience with Jira and confluence
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!