At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Most consumers trying to purchase a new car find the entire process exhausting, time-consuming, and at times frustrating. On the flipside, most dealers are limited to a regional scope and are burdened with legacy processes that prevent them from introducing a fresh approach to the car buying process on a broad scale. At Edmunds, we want to turn that experience on its head by offering a platform where shoppers can do their research, make a buying decision, find a dealer, obtain financing, and complete the buying transaction from start to finish.
Edmunds is looking for a Product Manager to join its Car Buying Platform team to transform the way cars are bought and sold in the United States. The Product Manager will work cross functionally inside the organization and out to solve those problems that are identified as an impediment to delivering a great experience to both consumers and dealer partners.
The Car Buying Platform team is an early stage initiative that operates as an agile startup within the broader Edmunds organization. The Product Manager must be a highly effective individual, able to independently manage the internal activities of a typical software product development team, and an entrepreneur at heart who is always willing to “get out of the building” and affect change outside of the organization to meet the needs of the initiative. This will include developing shopper and dealer testing/pilot programs, integrating partners/vendors, and influencing key functionality through structured external inputs.
The Product Manager will be dedicated to identifying, testing and implementing the unmet jobs that Edmunds can do for the shopper and dealer to begin to solve this massive marketplace problem.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Director of Product development on the strategy, design and development of a transformative car buying experience through a problem-solving, entrepreneurial and collaborative approach.
- Develop exclusive insights and learnings through direct field research and experimentation to test hypotheses and put out a compelling story.
- Communicate clearly and persuasively with internal and external target audiences through creative storytelling.
- Translate product strategy, and high-level concepts into epics, user experiences, and testable product features
- Write stories in JIRA, run daily Scrums, resolve contingencies, and ensure software development team is fully aligned and delivering on time
- Conduct AB tests, manage product releases, coordinate with other product teams and their road maps, and iterate process per Agile principles
- Be responsible for the full product management life-cycle of work for the team.
What You Need:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical / business field
- 2-5 years of experience in B2C and/or B2B products
- Experience writing stories in JIRA or a similar software collaboration tool
- Experience with Tableau, Interana, or a similar reporting tool
- Strong data & analytical skills, including AB testing and basic HTML
- Understanding of technical architecture, databases, and scalable web applications
- Strong organizational skills from Agile / Scrum environment with ability to manage product feature backlog, prioritize incoming requests, and deliver on time
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with ability to break complex concepts into epics, stories, and features
- Strategic thinker with creative problem-solving skills and ability to multitask & manage uncertainty in a fast paced environment
- Team player who is able to lead, follow, and exert soft power to drive agenda
Nice to have:
- Expertise in the the car buying experience, including dealer processes, trade-in marketplace, auto finance, applicable regulatory statutes, and other related aspects of the automotive retail market
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.