Product Manager, Partner Integrations
Greater LA Area
Do you love building products? Are you passionate about leading small teams to big success? Do you think leadership is a team sport? Would you be excited to evaluate and work with strategic partners to help us move an already successful business forward? If any of these questions resonate with you, we might have a Product Management role that’s right up your alley.
About the Team:
At ChowNow, our mission is to help local restaurants grow their business by improving relationships with their customers.
We are passionate about serving the needs of over 10,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners, who transact over $1M daily on the ChowNow platform.
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — just a few minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should, too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the Position:
As our newest Product Manager, you will build, launch, and maintain technical partnership solutions that will make a significant impact on restaurant operations. You will be responsible for defining major new product initiatives and representing the Technology organization across the company. You’ll lead our teams in celebrating successes and acknowledging failures.
As a Product Manager, you'll work from our Los Angeles Headquarters. This position reports directly to the Chief Product Officer.
Specifically You Will:
- Plan a product roadmap for future integration opportunities based on current and future market opportunities.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest industry-leading technology and new ways to solve customer problems.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with engineering teams, third-party vendors, and partners to ensure our end-to-end architecture meets business requirements. Work closely with these teams and internal resources to flawlessly execute product launches.
- Work with each of our internal departments to develop and document key operational processes.
Within 30 Days, You’ll:
- Complete the ChowNow New Hire Ramp Camp
- Learn ChowNow’s sales process to understand how we position our products and services to demonstrate value to local restaurant owners
- Learn ChowNow’s client onboarding process to understand workflows and propose possible solutions to improve internal tools
- Become familiar with ChowNow’s product development cycle by releasing your first feature into production
- Conduct customer interviews to empathize with our users and identify product opportunities
- Meet with partners and potential partners to understand business opportunities
Within 60 Days, You’ll:
- Learn about the tech stack, database structure, system architecture, and previous partner integrations
- Identify top customer and partnership opportunities
- Set key success metrics and establish a high-level product roadmap based on your discovery of customer pain points and how we can solve for them via strategic partnership integration
- Prioritize product backlog items for two full sprints of design and development work
Within 90 Days, You’ll:
- Successfully establish an official partnership
- Work with stakeholders to test proof-of-concepts with clients
- Share the product roadmap with key stakeholders and articulate the customer and business impact
- Release your first major product based on your rollout strategy
You Should Apply If:
- You’ve led system implementations and/or integrations that resulted in high customer impact
- You’re comfortable working with external APIs and understanding technical documentation
- You have experience in systems engineering concepts such as establishing secure connections with third-party partners
- You have a background in Technical Product Management or Consulting
- You’re a fan of iterative development, working with cross-functional teams to hypothesize, measure impact, and learn from previous releases to iterate on future roadmap plans
- You have the ability to develop strong relationships with existing partners and quickly vet new partners
- You can quickly adapt to unfamiliar technologies
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave.
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
Read Full Job Description