We are an AI start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility. We’ve deployed to four metropolitan markets and touched more than 100,000 users across our business and consumer products. We’re rapidly expanding to new markets, building our technical capabilities, and partnering with industry leaders to positively impact our communities.
- Investment: Metropolis completed its seed financing round of $20 million in early 2019 and expects to complete a substantial round of funding within the year. The seed round included world class investors like Slow Ventures, Zigg Capital and prominent private investors in early-stage companies.
- Market Size: $500 billion
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary.
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited paid time off
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits
We are a tight-knit team with a vision of the mobility hubs of tomorrow. We started at a small garage in Venice and are now expanding to hundreds of locations nationwide. We bring expertise in tech, mobility, finance, real estate, and parking. We take risks, make mistakes, and challenge the status quo. We are inventors who wonder what could be.
We believe life should be fun. As a team, we host dinners, board game nights, company-wide trivia competitions, trips to new launch markets, group personal training and more. We’re all currently remote, and while the pandemic added a new challenge, we believe building a strong, connected team is foundational to our long-term success.The Opportunity
Metropolis offers an outstanding opportunity to be at the forefront of designing mobility for the future. Parking, last mile transport, transportation networks, autonomous vehicles, and even vertical take-off and landing — we’re building the infrastructure to support how people and goods move. We are growing fast and looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals to join our team.Position Overview and Responsibilities
This position reports to the Director Of Product.
Metropolis is seeking a Product Manager to lead new and on-going product initiatives across our rapidly growing portfolio. These initiatives include web and native applications, vehicle detection and license plate recognition, partner integrations, payment, system reliability, inventory management, and dynamic pricing.Key Responsibilities
- Imagine and define product features that will delight our users and deliver business results
- Lead agile product development using data, feedback from the field, interviews with users and experts, competitive analysis, and qualitative and quantitative research
- Design clear requirements, basic wireframes, and success metrics to align and drive our team’s work efforts
- Conduct QA and post-release follow-ups to ensure successful product rollouts
- Identify, track, and solve for issues, bugs, and obstacles impacting our success
- Own product roadmaps, communicate and manage deadlines, and contribute to the vision of the larger product ecosystem
- Understand and decompose complex problems into manageable components
- Build strong relationships with engineers, operations, customers, and executives to lead development efforts, gather feedback, drive adoption, and measure our success
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5 years of experience in a product management role
- You have owned multiple significant product features or applications
- Working knowledge of modern web technologies, distributed computing, and database design
- Strong user empathy and a knack for brilliant user-centric design
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to thrive in open-ended environments
- Positive, open, and team-oriented approach to work
- High attention to detail
- Ability to identify, assess, and prioritize trade-offs
- Comfortable using data to shape decision making processes
- Willingness to travel occasionally