Product Manager, Features at Pluto TV
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
We are currently looking to add another product manager to our Product Consumer team. As a Product Manager, Features, you will be driving the efforts for our consumer experience. In particular, you will be working on the foundational features that will impact core consumer experience for both Native Apps and Web. Some examples of Product Consumer features are Watch List, Personalized Guide, Recommendations. This role will report to the Senior Director, Product - Consumer.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Finalizing product initiatives with a completed Charter that includes clear definition of goals, risks / dependencies / assumptions, overall approach, requirements with acceptance criteria, and includes a solution design (defined by an architect/engineer) that meets the requirements.
- Aligning priorities and initiatives within the roadmap to vision and product strategy set by Senior Director, Product.
- Triaging issues efficiently, driving resolution with the appropriate resources including independent QA/troubleshooting when possible, and helping communicate status/results to stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining a healthy, productive, working relationships across the core Consumer Product/Program/Engineering teams, as well as Product Design and Software Test Engineering.
- Defining and managing the product goals, strategies, and roadmap plans for Core Consumer Experience.
- Becoming a strong, contributing member of the Consumer Product Management team through product ideation discussions, alignment to the operational cadence, helping others succeed, and improving how we operate.
- Becoming the voice for the user by implementing a consistent consumer experience across native and web applications and aligning the experience to business KPIs.
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- At least 3 years of commercial experience in a product manager role, particularly with demonstrated leadership in the management of a product (or portfolio of products) through the software development lifecycle, from conception to launch to ongoing performance measurement and optimization.
- Recent experience releasing consumer-facing Mobile (Android and iOS) and/or web products, preferably in TV or streaming video. Past experience in a User Experience or Information Architect (UX/IA) role preferred.
- Adept at tailoring communications depending on the circumstance, whether the audience is technical or non-technical.
- Comfort analyzing data to identify trends, to diagnose problems, and to find solutions.
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At Viacom and PlutoTV, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.