Product Manager (Devices)
Ring is seeking a results-oriented product manager to join the devices team to improve our existing products as well as develop new products that help reduce crime in neighborhoods. The Devices team is responsible for Ring Video Doorbells, Ring Security Cameras, Ring Wi-Fi extenders and many other products.
As a Product Manager for Ring, you will drive cross-functional teams to improve existing functionality and bring new products as well as features that will be used every day, by people all over the world. You will engage with various departments to manage the short and long-term vision for products and be the champion of customer while balancing business needs. You will work closely with the engineering teams to deconstruct problems into actionable items and assist in creating an execution plan and keeping teams on track.
If you are comfortable with ambiguity and competing priorities, can handle the pressures of a fast-paced environment, can plan with foresight and execute with precision, are willing to step outside your role/job description to successfully meet deadlines, can navigate changes with grace then this is a perfect role for you.
You will also be able to hone your skills by learning from and working with seasoned product managers to influence and help define the product roadmap.
- Be a champion for our neighbors (a.k.a. consumers) and be relentless about improving the customer experience
- Drive a cross-functional team comprised of engineering, marketing, business intelligence and community support to deliver on aggressive timelines and schedules with quality
- Persuasively articulate both business/user value as well as complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences in both verbal and written formats
- Manage team’s priorities and execution against defined goals
- Define and implement release plans, reporting, and continual improvements to the product
- Effectively communicate and manage changes and expectations to project scope and schedule
- Garner buy-in of your products and the larger vision with both internal and external key stakeholders
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic and/or tactical issues that impair the teams’ ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years of product management experience (preferably within consumer electronics/products)
- Experience leading cross-functional and cross-company teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Experience working on hardware and software, and launches combining the two
- Knowledge of project management methods and tools
- MBA or Advanced Technical Degree
- Demonstrated ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to drive improvements
- Experience delivering consumer software and hardware products in a high growth environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Broad technical breadth, including familiarity and/or experience with video systems, embedded systems, CV, connectivity/networking, mobile technologies, and web services
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods and empower consumers by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of smart home security products: Ring Video Doorbell, Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Ring Stick Up Cam and the new Ring Floodlight Cam. With these security devices, Ring has created the neighborhood watch for the digital age and continues to keep homes around the world safe. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Read Full Job Description