Product Management Internships - Spring 2024 at NBCUniversal (Remote)
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way. Because we know it can be challenging to balance coursework and internship commitments, we offer interns paid time off for mental health, school exams, and personal holidays.
To meet students where they are, we will host internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs. Please be sure to read this job description carefully and note the internship dates, locations, and departments before applying.
Spring 2024 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: October 6th at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible - applications could close earlier due to applicant volume!
- Program Dates: January 16 - April 19, 2024
- Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Technical Operations, Scheduling & Distribution: NBCUniversal's Enterprise Product Team builds products that provide essential capabilities to organizations throughout NBCUniversal. The team leverages deep relationships with our business engagement and engineering counterparts to build cohesive, end-to-end solutions for their clients or users. The product portfolio is aligned around critical NBCU functions such as Content/Title Management, Data & Analytics, Scheduling & Distribution, and Content Sales. The intern will work in the Scheduling & Distribution domain and be part of the team that focuses on Global Video On Demand (VOD) Scheduling product. He or She will work with Product Managers and be an active participant in all Scrum events.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the entire duration of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be working from a location within a U.S. state during all hours worked.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Coursework in Product Management or Pursuing a degree in Product Management, Information Systems or Operations Management.
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills.
- Experience in a role exhibiting excellent written and oral communications, effective interpersonal skills, project management, and formal presentation abilities.
- Understanding of SDLC process, with a focus on scoping, planning, user story and acceptance criteria writing, rollout management.
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint.
The hourly rate for undergraduate student interns is $30.00
The hourly rate for graduate student interns is $30.00
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.