If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We’re a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
Own the product development from early conceptual work through testing of Body Structures and Closures components and sub-assemblies and validation. Define and document the systems and sub-systems requirements, DFMEA and DVP&Rs. Collaborate with other vehicle test groups to support the vehicle program. Support all phases of the product development and validation.
Responsibilities and Goals
- Development and documentation of requirements, boundary diagrams, DFMEA and DVP&Rs
- Defining and writing material and joining specifications
- Lead and plan the Body Structures and Closure test activities for hardware, components and sub-assemblies for all phases of the program. (test activities are but not limited to corrosion, fatigue, strength and crash)
- Lead material and joining technologies characterization through testing
- Support the CAE team in validating and correlating their model through testing.
- Support design for quality activities
- Participate and support all design reviews and build reviews.
- Manage the above deliverables for all program milestones including cost and timing
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- 5-10 years of BiW Product development experience
- Strong testing experience
- Good knowledge of BiW architecture and construction
- Understanding of vehicle requirements
- Creative mindset
- High attention to detail
- Hand’s on
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Share Option Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
- A world-class team. Most of our leaders have their own Wikipedia page
EVelozcity Inc. is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate