Product Designer at ChowNow
- Takes full responsibility over a feature set and executes cohesive, forward-thinking, and industry competitive design solutions from end-to-end
- Confidently utilizes existing visual frameworks creatively and develop new layouts, typography and visual hierarchy
- Identify areas of opportunities for clients and solve functional challenges through brainstorming, ideating, and designing digital solutions with other members of the team
- Develops personas, journey maps, information architectures, sitemaps, prototypes, user experiences
- Understanding of online design constraints, including mobile space, web usability, SEO, browser
- behavior, front-end design limitations, cross-platform compatibility, ADA requirements
- Conduct testing of all work with project personas, including preference, usability and cognition testing of desktop, mobile, native app and voice applications
- Work closely with Designers, Engineers and Product Managers to define product opportunities and contribute to the overall product strategy.
- Ability to present strategic plans, and designs directly to team members, stakeholders, and leadership.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Complete our ChowNow New Hire Onboarding Experience.
- Learn the ins and outs of ChowNow and our product design process.
- Conduct an analysis of ChowNow’s products and the competitive landscape.
- Work with Senior Product Designers to distill requirements for a new feature.
- Research, discover and develop solutions for feature work.
- Learn about systematic design and how to design for scale.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Work with Senior Product Designers to create user flows, wireframes, and a prototype for a new feature.
- Talk to customers and the support teams to gain empathy for customer problems, needs, and mental models.
- Prepare your first set of detailed design specs for the engineering team
- Present your design decisions and approach to problem-solving, and solicit feedback from the team.
- Help define the metrics you will use to determine the success of your first design solution.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Own an entire feature solution from start to finish.
- Deliver your first set of user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity interaction designs for a new feature.
- Dissect the data from this feature and provide insights on your findings.
- Support team by helping conduct user testing to inform product decisions and implement new design thinking based on customer feedback.
You Should Apply If:
- You are highly adept at problem-solving and great conceptual thinking.
- You have an ability to take complex information and turn it into user-friendly UI design
- You have strong skills in crafting effective user experience flows, wireframes and interactions
- You have 3+ years of experience as a UI/UX Designer
- You have a portfolio that demonstrates the User Interface Design process, User Experience, Graphic Design, etc.
- You have an understanding of animations, interactions, motion graphics, and video editing
- You have an understanding of virtual reality, augmented reality, 3D and 360° video a plus
- You have experience with Agile (this is a plus and not a requirement for consideration)
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.