Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join Team Snap! As a Product Designer on the Snap Design Team, you will be a core part of a small team that develops new features for the Snapchat application, from proposing initial concepts to ensuring we ship features at a high quality. In short, you’ll be responsible for making the products that millions of people use every day. You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of product design and execution, including pitching the product, designing the product (visual design, interaction design, and prototyping), and communicating the product to the necessary audiences within the company.
What you’ll do:
- Conceive new feature ideas and pitch them directly to the CEO
- Be a leader - Snap is a design-led company and as a member of the Design Team you will be expected to lead projects and teams
- Design and prototype simple and intuitive Snapchat app experiences
- Contribute to all stages of the design process from user research to wireframes and shipping the product
- Identify the needs of Snapchatters and improve on existing features
- Help define the short and long-term roadmap for your product area
- Regularly give and receive feedback on design iterations
- Work with other designers, product managers, and engineers to oversee new user experiences from concept to launch
- Communicate design goals and specifications to the engineers responsible for building them
- A portfolio showcasing your work and strong design skills
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- 3+ years experience designing and shipping mobile applications
- Ability to prototype interactive mobile experiences
- Strong visual design skills and passion for interaction design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You’ll be expected to clearly communicate design decisions to leadership, the rest of the team, and to engineers
- Strong leadership skills
- Technical background or a familiarity with software engineering
- Capable of acting as a Product Manager when needed
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment
- Passion for Snap Inc. products!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].