Product, Credit/Data Science
Lead global credit initiatives to unlock financial access, choice, and control for the underserved by building out financial products for the Tala ecosystem. This role will lead a cross-functional squad of local and in-country team members to improve an user’s financial health by developing a deep understanding of the user and delivering user-centric solutions.
- Create global credit businesses that are locally relevant and sustainable
- Lead cross-functional squad to align, prioritize, and execute roadmap against financial KPIs
- Scale operational needs such as identity verification, payments negotiations
- Partner with credit, data and collections teams to ship both user-facing and internal products
- Develop strong understanding of in-country context, user needs, and competitive landscape
- 5+ years product experience in credit; consumer mobile, emerging markets, payments experience a plus
- Deep understanding of the macro-economic credit environment of our markets
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of shipping successful credit products
- Effective communicator that listens, motivates, and inspires with strong cross-functional leadership and understanding
- Checked ego, humble, empathetic, collaborative, service-oriented attitude of “user first”
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.