Product Architect- Content Services at Pluto TV
Los Angeles, CA, US, 90069
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview & Responsibilities:
With aggressive goals that include the expansion of our US Operations and a commitment to Internationalization and Interplanetary entertainment, we are growing our Architecture Team to scale for the incredible road ahead. As the Content Services Architect you will help define and build the systems that power PlutoTV’s content ingestion, content management, and content publishing services.
If you have a passion for building great products, enjoy the art of collaboration, and have the ability to drive decisions that lead to highly reliable complex systems, we want to talk to you.
- Collaborating with Pluto TV’s content operations, content management and publishing organizations.
- Using existing tools and recommend new tools to monitor system status and pre-empt problems
- Leading forward-looking projects that can span multiple engineering organizations
- Influencing architectural decisions based on product requirements, industry trends and emerging technologies
- Developing and maintaining a healthy, working relationship with the multi-functional teams across Content services, Core services, Applications, Analytics and Video Playout services.
- Collaborate with the content services software development teams to contribute with production-ready code.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- At least 10 years of commercial experience developing highly reliable software services; experience working in the entertainment or digital media industry is a plus.
- At least 5 years experience with content operations workflows.
- At least 3 years developing services in one of NodeJS or GoLang.
- Working knowledge of different video file protocols such as MP4 and MOV. Experience with ffmpeg is a plus.
- Working knowledge of video and metadata delivery mechanisms such as MRSS and Aspera.
- Designing, implementing and improving relational database schemas with SQL or equivalent.
- Designing and implementing secure storage systems for protected content on cloud and local file systems.
- Cloud technologies: Familiarity with at least one of Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, GCP, Azure
- CDNs: Familiarity with at least one major CDN provider - Akamai, Limelight, Edgecast, Level3, etc.
- Monitoring: Working knowledge of at least one of Loggly, Splunk, CloudWatch, Prometheus or similar.
- Passion for Product Process and Innovation: Passionate about being involved throughout the entire life cycle, from product initiation to delivery, and sponsor continued innovation that empowers our team to deliver the best content experience in the industry.
- Strong documentation skills: Ability to create compelling, detail-oriented documentation that sets up the engineering teams for success.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.