Principal Product Manager Technical
Ring is looking for a Principal Product Manager (Technical), to join an exciting new project team working to build a ground breaking, new product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, whose mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to Ring customers.
As a Product Manager Technical, you will provide product strategy and technical leadership. This role will be responsible for product road-mapping, defining requirements, coordinating across teams, mitigating risks and balancing delivery timelines with technical constraints in an Agile development environment. The ideal candidate will have experience leading teams to deliver products that optimize customer workflows, and leverage strong data analysis. You will have hands-on experience leading multiple simultaneous product development initiatives as well as be able to balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology, models, and methodologies choices. You will strive for simplicity, and demonstrate creativity and high judgment.
- Define and drive the business strategy for your products, driven by internal and external analysis
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, profitability, and operational support load
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. You can communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across disciplines and levels in the organization
- Work alongside hardware and software teams to deliver your products on time, with quality
- Drive product launches with cross functional/go to market teams, including PR, executives, channel partners, and other product management teams
- Garner buy-in of your products and the larger vision with both internal and external key stakeholders
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic and/or tactical issues that impair the teams’ ability to meet goals
- 7+ years of software product management experience
- Technical degree
- 7+ years of experience bringing new customer facing products or services to market by driving product requirements through a software development team using an agile development processes
- 7+ years of experience driving a product's go-to-market activities
- MBA and/or advanced technical degree
- Experience building a consumer-facing mobile application
- Demonstrated experience influencing and collaborating across multiple teams in a large organization
- Demonstrated history of successfully bringing novel products to market, such as those that integrate new technology, branch into new consumer segments or other market segments, or start new categories
- Demonstrated ability to champion the voice of other stakeholders in your products
- Strong team-orientation with proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results
- Ability to uncover data insights and clearly communicate them to others
- Ability to drive continuous improvement in product management functions and processes across the organization
- Demonstrated history driving technical development in a project/program management capacity, including development of and reporting on complex program schedules
- Broad technical breadth, including familiarity and/or experience with machine learning, embedded systems, connectivity/networking, mobile technologies, and web services
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Read Full Job Description