Marketing Product Manager, Bilingual, English/Spanish at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Fonovisa/Disa is currently seeking to fill the role of Product Manager. In this role, the Product Manager is responsible for the planning, direction, organization, execution and control of the marketing strategies of new releases for a specified artist or group of artists. The person will be the primary Fonovisa contact for those artists/groups as it relates to dissemination of information throughout UMLE about new releases and will be instrumental in creating and implementing marketing campaigns. The Product Manager is responsible for pursuing the profitability of each project.
How you'll CREATE:
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for artists' music and music-related products across the Fonovisa/Disa roster. These include but are not limited to single / EP /albums, music videos and video content, merchandise and direct-to-consumer business.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders across A&R, Sales, PR, Digital, New Business, Production, to support priority projects, artists, and brands.
- Help guide and execute artist branding, creative materials and original content specific to each campaign.
- Proactively communicate goals and project analysis with all departments inside the company, and to artist management
- Regularly interface with artists and management on all aspects of commercial release plan and marketing strategy to ensure the success of the project.
- Understand and analyze the constant flow of streaming, sales, radio and social data and adjust marketing strategies accordingly.
- Understand and implement innovative digital marketing
- Create alternative cost-efficient promotions and advertising for retail and to the consumer
- Develop and maintain relationships with designated labels/artists
- Communicate all artist related activities (publicity, in stores, etc.) to UMLE to maximize awareness and create the "event"
- Work with digital marketing and sales staff to maximize marketing efforts where possible
Bring your VIBE:
- At least 5 years of experience in sales, marketing, and/or music business
- Strong understanding of DSP trends and emerging streaming business (Spotify, Apple, Soundcloud, YouTube)
- Knowledge and familiarity with regional Mexican music strongly preferred
- Fluent in English/Spanish, (read, speak, write)
- Ability to manage and prioritize, multi-task
- Advanced product and music knowledge
- Strength in creativity and efficient use of resources
- Excellent follow-through
- Ability to manage multiple projects and people
- Social media savvy, with experience on platforms and understanding of associated data
- Good financial knowledge
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in music/entertainment business is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related Digital or Music field is required.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.