IT/Software Business Analyst
The objective of the Business Analyst role is to perform business analysis, requirements gathering, and documentation functions as the basis for creating new features and functions within existing software products as well as new software products. The Business Analyst is an important part of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and will assist the Engineering Teams in a variety of fast paced projects from requirements gathering through to production release. The Business Analyst will interact with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Development, Customer Support and Management teams, ensuring accurate interpretation and proper implementation of customers’ and market requests.
- Review and understand business requirements, whether customer-requested or speculative, and distill them into generic capabilities such that they can apply across our diverse user community.
- Create and update Functional (implementation) Specification documents based on the business requirements, customer feedback and meetings with technical, sales and Product Management teams.
- Provide continuous feedback to all development teams building functionality based on specifications.
- Perform reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements.
- Assist with reviewing user-facing documentation, diagrams and flow charts to determine if the documentation properly reflects the functionality.
- Experience across a breadth of applications including client-server, web-based and command line applications.
- Experience working with software in regulated environments.
- Experience working with JIRA software.
- Working knowledge of PCI-DSS compliance or other regulatory frameworks.
- 4+ years of requirements gathering and functional specification writing experience in a software development environment requiring significant customer interaction
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple projects
- Experience with operating on HP NonStop servers
- Solid understanding of multiple computing platforms’ operational basics and security
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Local candidates only. No agencies; principals only.
XYPRO Technology Corporation is a well-known security software and solutions brand within the HPE NonStop community. Our responsibility to an international customer-base means you’ll participate in a fast-paced, results-driven environment meeting deadlines and celebrating exciting wins! Full-time employees enjoy supplemental health care benefits, generous vacation time, paid holidays, regular company celebrations and are encouraged to take their birthday off! We are located in Simi Valley, CA.