To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
Virgin Hyperloop located in Los Angeles, CA, is seeking a highly skilled and motivated team member to serve in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead role. The IPT Lead will provide program-specific, cross-functional leadership, planning, coordination and reporting on key product development efforts.
The IPT Lead will manage the scope of the project’s activities within the budget and schedule allocation and serve as the Control Account Manager or work package manager for the project. As a IPT lead you will plan and coordinate resources required over the life of the project, assign responsibility for activities to team members, and ensure technical correctness and consistency of the product; compare actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity, and lessons learned; identify corrective actions to improve team performance and future project execution.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Has responsibility, authority and accountability for the product cost, schedule, and technical scope along with driving critical risk-based decisions throughout program life-cycle.
- Member of the Program Management Team and is responsible for progress reporting, risk assessment, risk mitigation and execution of program/technical decisions and objectives.
- Project management: adopts and drives common practices to meet product team’s cost, schedule, quality and technical objectives, including implementing best practices
- Interfaces with suppliers on program specific issues, schedules, processes, and activities.
- Develop and maintain detailed design, development, integration and test schedules.
- Interface with functional disciplines as required to drive program execution and resolution of technical issues.
- Keeps Program Chief Engineer and Program Team apprised of potential risks and issues that may compromise a satisfactory system level requirements solution
- Participates collaboratively within complex teams with matrixed responsibilities over projects large in scope.
- Monitor and coordinate closely with other IPTs within the project to ensure program execution and assist in the resolution of issues.
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or STEM field
- 5+ years of experience in leading a multi-functional team Integrated Product Team
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills demonstrated via frequent interactions with internal and external groups including suppliers, engineering peers and leadership
- Strong leadership & team building skills, candidate must be able to lead and motivate cross functional teams as well as have proven experience in a team environment and interfacing successfully across organizational boundaries
- Demonstrated experience in driving business goals and objectives to completion.
- Experience performing cost and schedule management
- Experience with risk, issues, and/or opportunity management
- Solid problem solving & decision-making skills
NICE TO HAVE
- Exhibited capability to foster an environment which enables application of continuous improvement, novel thinking, and fresh ideas to business challenges resulting in creative and competitive solutions.
- Execution experience in product development programs
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Complete product lifecycle experience (Requirements to Field Operations)
- Experience interfacing with external customers, subcontractors, suppliers
- PMI/PMP certification
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave