Genetic Counselor (part-time partner)
Quantgene is transforming the future of medicine by unlocking the Deep Human Genome. We’re saving lives through early detection, better prevention and more effective cures for all diseases, starting with cancer.
We have just launched Serenity, our premium primary care system driven by our advanced technological innovations. Serenity includes several products, and more coming, for which we need passionate and engaged genetic counselors.
We are looking for licensed GCs who value advanced medical innovations and stop at nothing to provide the best level of patient care. We are looking for a part-time experienced genetic counselor who can interpret information, analyze results, and deliver education to patients. You will be working with other members of our team to design results reports and deliver the results to patients.
This role is a part-time contract position that may develop and grow with our patient needs.
- Planning and designing result reports with our internal product teams
- Manage scheduling and logistics for telehealth consultations
- Review patient medical history to deliver an assessment of the need for further genetics and somatic testing for cancer
- Plan for patient consultations and arrive at each meeting well prepared on the patient’s history and test results
- Deliver high-end patient consultations-
- Explain patient’s cancer risks including patient history and lifestyle factors such as nutrition, stress, and cancer exposure.
- Ensure their needs are the top priority, work with patients to craft health action plans and appropriate next steps
- Address potential previously-held misconceptions about hereditary factors and/or genetic testing
- Answer patient questions and assess when patient concerns need to be facilitated with our medical advisor team
- Must be a licensed Genetic Counselor with at least 5 years of experience interpreting patient profiles and delivering results
- Ability to assess detailed and complex patient information, comfortable with genetic testing and somatic testing panels
- Very comfortable interpreting in-depth gene panels and understanding how those test results translate to patient health actions
- Previous knowledge or experience with the effect of cancer is a must
- Capable of following medical reports
- Expertise working with patients
- Ability to function independently and be decisive
- Experience with small companies or startups is a plus- must be able to work in an agile and lean fashion