Director, Product Management, Wi-Fi and Roaming
Boingo is the leading indoor wireless solution provider, focused on acquiring and retaining big venues with large audiences through multi-year contracts, then marketing complementary leading edge services to carrier partners including 5G and Wi-Fi 6 technologies.
The indoor wireless business is growing, as more and more mobile data is consumed inside airports, stadiums, arenas, office buildings, and hospitals, offering Boingo opportunities with leading carrier partners like AT&T and Verizon. The demand for Boingo services, is solid, but the market is dynamic and incredibly competitive; adaptability, agility, and speed to market are essential.
The Director, Product Management, Wi-Fi and Roaming, will drive the product management of Boingo’s industry leading roaming / offload portfolio, currently marketed to US domestic tier 1 carriers and MSO / MVNOs. In addition, the Director will support the executive team in a range of strategic thrusts and partnerships. A major focus is Boingo’s commercialization of the emerging Open Roaming initiative driven by the Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA) and leading industry players including Boingo.
What does the job entail?
- Streamline concept-to-launch product management of Boingo’s roaming / offload US domestic business; organize regular business read – outs with finance, engineering and other functions as needed within the first 60 days
- Implement a feature / benefit / forecast matrix to support evaluation of engineering and company resource allocation against new opportunities including Open Roaming and derivatives within the first 90 days
- Engage with existing US domestic roaming / offload customers and key Open Roaming partners, present with recommendations a feature roadmap vs. opportunity within the first 120 days.
Got what it takes?
- Understand Product Life Cycle Management with an ability to provide data driven customer feature / benefit, pricing, forecast, and leadership within a a cross–functional finance, engineering, operations and sales matrix
- Be technically fluent – able to understand, discuss, and challenge architectural concepts, tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members
- Understand the Wi-Fi commercial and technology ecosystem
- Logically organize and regularly present information to support forecasting, pricing, business analysis and customer input
- Continually seek out market trend information through industry contacts and secondary sourced research.
- 10+ years of product, sales engineering, or consulting experience in Wi-Fi
- Proficient knowledge of the telecommunications industry & landscape
- Experience leading technical / business trade off discussions
- Experience working in fast-paced and dynamic culture, like Boingo’s
- Proven track record of communication and people skills
- Driven by results, and organized; strong attention to detail and self-managed
- Comfortable with ambiguity, willing to embrace change with strong project ownership and bias towards action
- Experience working with and presenting data, including use of data visualization tools such as Tableaum Looker, or SQL a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Affiliaton with the WBA is a plus
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products.
Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA five years in a row and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.