Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. Your work here can change the world.
About the role
As Tinder continues to grow, there is an increasing need for cross-functional collaboration. The Director Product Ops will focus on expanding our current and new product initiatives on a global scale, while introducing processes and oversight on complex initiatives that will allow Tinder to continue to scale.
This role can also be located in San Francisco or Palo Alto, CA.
What You'll Do:
- Lead teams in managing deliverables, product launch planning, and post-launch activities, with a primary goal of ensuring that products are successfully delivered to market on schedule while meeting business and quality metrics
- Help define the strategy, developing OKRs, then breaking them down into trackable work streams (projects or initiatives, roadmap) to deliver on the quarterly plan.
- Build outstanding Program Management expertise for Product by developing processes, roles, and responsibilities in collaboration with the product org and leadership team.
- Create a unified initiative backlog and roadmap across all teams, while owning the overall usage and adherence of designated project management tools.
- Identify, improve, and execute on agile development practices, standardizing where necessary while enabling individual team flexibility where not.
- Improve transparency of roadmap status across the organization including finance, marketing, community, trust & safety, security, and all other teams that would value actively engaging with.
- Provide leadership/mentorship for the development management members across our product teams.
- Project manage high profile, cross-team initiatives as needed, including milestone deliverables, stakeholder-partner reviews, and progress updates.
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience shipping and supporting consumer technology products at scale.
- 8+ years of technical project management/delivery leadership experience
- Expertise in software development, infrastructure, and live operations management
- Understanding of Change Management frameworks.
- Understanding of multiple project management methodologies.
- Ability to quickly build a rich understanding of various partner priorities to synthesize a set of service and program constructs to meet those needs.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.