Director of Product Management at AppOnboard
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:15 a.m. (PST) on Friday, August 14, 2020
AppOnboard is looking for a Director of Product Management to help us build out a new Product Management function for the company and set product direction and strategy for the Buildbox game engine. This is a highly influential and unique opportunity to build a Product organization from scratch and help us define our processes, methodologies, and long-term product strategy. We want a collaborative Product professional who is capable of working across the other departments to help us deliver on our exciting product vision for our customers.
- Build and lead a high-performance Product Management function through effective hiring, coaching, and people development
- Define the product strategy for Buildbox, develop and identify the key measures of success, set expectations with all relevant stakeholders, and effectively prioritize across initiatives, teams and functions
- Coach product managers as they break down complex problems, develop strategies and plans to solve them, and help them collaborate to deliver solutions
- Use your knowledge of best practices to direct product management teams across the full product life cycle, from user research to requirements refinement to prototyping to production
- Practice a highly efficient, iterative product management process with an eye for continuous improvement
- Facilitate collaboration across internal teams and serve as the communication hub for everything happening related
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves and rapidly develop opportunity assessments, product briefs, user stories, etc. if necessary
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years product management experience
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of product managers
- Ability to mentor product managers, engineers and/or designers in how to work together to build great products
- Experience in a start-up environment or evidence you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in Agile and/or Lean environments
- Proven track record of building and shipping successful software products at scale
- Demonstrated ability to drive product outcomes the meet customer and company goals
- Knowledge of current trends in product management, best practices, and processes
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Perks and Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with PPO and HMO options.
- Employer paid life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Fully-stocked kitchen and bi-weekly catered lunches
- Paid parking and commuter stipend
*Joining our team does not mean that you have to be located in Los Angeles, CA -- If you live outside of the city or even out of state, we are still interested in learning more about you.
At this time, AppOnboard is respectfully not offering sponsorships.
Read Full Job Description