Director Product Management, SMB at LegalZoom
We have a rich 20-year history delivering against our mission to Democratize Law. For two decades we have tried to reduce the barriers to access legal assistance for both consumers and small businesses. Our products are at the heart of our success. From Estate Planning, to Business Formations to IP, we’ve helped more than 4 million customers through simple, intuitive questionnaires, and access to attorneys when needed, providing the protection and peace of mind they need. While we’ve accomplished a great deal, we believe there is so much more we can do to innovate and deliver for our customers. We’re committed to making our services more valuable and easier to use than ever before and we believe we can continue to infuse expertise and confidence into all of our products and services.
Are you a product and business leader who is customer obsessed and passionate to innovate against an inspirational mission? Do you have experience working in product centric orgs that are matrixed and require exceptional communication skills working across functions? Do you have the leadership skills and experience to both think strategically and roll your sleeves up to help the team execute? And finally, do you have P&L experience, understanding how to create and build products that can drive scalable business models and revenue growth? Then this could be just the opportunity for you! We are looking for a Director to lead our LegalZoom SMB product experiences. Serving our SMB’s as they form their new entities and assisting them with ongoing service subscriptions has been at the center of our success and is still a significant growth driver for LegalZoom. While we’ve come a long way, we believe there is still much more to do to help our SMB customers with enhanced services, including connecting them with the expertise they need.
As the leader of this team, you’ll own and execute our SMB product strategy across our small business products and services. You’ll have experience working with SMB’s, understanding how to create experiences and supporting business models that create a flywheel for growth. In this role, you’ll sweat the details, work side by side with the team, and lead with a high say/do ratio. This is a role where you will be asked to both lead the product experience and deeply understand the economics of your decisions as they relate to the P&L.
What You’ll Do:
- Define the SMB product vision, strategy and roadmap that delivers customer benefits for our Small Business customers while staying focused on driving business revenue results and understanding the P&L implications, short and long
- Integrate product solutions into our existing workflows that increase confidence as measured by increased conversion
- Drive the organization to deliver on short term goals while balancing long term strategic vision
- Display a constant curiosity learning from our customers leading to insights and opportunities to better serve them
- Inspire and lead cross-functional teams using data to tell compelling stories
- Build a PM function/brand that attracts best in class Product Managers
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree; MBA preferred
- 8+ years of tech industry product management experience
- 4+ years of experience in building and leading product managers
- Proven track record of building and delivering successful web and mobile products; subscription services experience preferred
- Proven experience with P&L ownership
- Outstanding strategic planning skills and management of product roadmaps
- Exceptional communication skills
- Data-driven mindset with proven experience utilizing metrics & insights as tools for informed decision-making
- A coach who supports their team and embraces ownership, accountability, and responsibility for the team’s work
- Proven track record of developing and leading cross-functional partnerships across the organization
Make the difference and join us as we build our future and deliver on our mission! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.