Director of Product, Crush at Inspire
As Director of Product you will drive the vision for the Crush Product Line “A world in which anyone who wants to make a living fighting climate change has the tool set to make a difference.” You’ll report to the Vice President of Product and build/lead a team of PMs, and will work closely with the other Directors, product managers, commercial strategists, design leaders, and product marketers for our other product lines. You’ll be part of a close-knit team who empowers our distributed sales force to crush their goals and develop their skills while fighting climate change.
To be successful in this role, you should have demonstrated success as a product leader by delivering excellence in consumer and or internal facing products, especially products that you’ve taken from ideation through to scale. You’ll have no problem articulating the unique value you brought to the companies you’ve led at, the products you developed, the product development processes you’ve implemented and iterated on, and the teams that you’ve developed as their leader. You should have a “we first” mentality, have a desire to change the world, you should be humble, passionate, endlessly curious, and have a history of building followership.
If that’s you. We’re excited to chat.
THE DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT, CRUSH HAS EIGHT MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner directly with the VP of Product to advance the vision for the Crush product line and drive end-to-end execution with other Product Managers and cross-functional teams
- Direct accountability for the success of the Crush product line and the Crush roadmap
- Must be a visionary servant leader and coach that unites multiple skill sets, points of view, and creates aligned teams that move with speed
- Incredible ability to understand, own, and deploy product experiences that optimize results through methodical testing and iteration
- Must be a master at absorbing feedback from around the sales and customer experience organizations and turning that into actionable product experiences that support them in reaching their goals
- Must be the type who will get their hands dirty as often as it takes to make sure your product is successful
- You’ll work closely with the Product Line Directors to help drive pilots and full scale go-to-market efforts to enable the sales of each product through the Crush experience
- Contribute influentially and creatively to the broader product teams development, participate in team’s innovation, and support concept development efforts to drive the next generation of innovation
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES
- You’ll earn a deep understanding of the tools that we have today and how they might come together in one fully fledged owned experience
- You’ll have to identify the best pieces of each of the tools and learn how to improve on those experiences to enable deeper results
- You’ll get out in the field with the Sales teams to test and validate your ideas in real time regularly
- You’ll go deep on research to understand the core jobs to be done for the sales and member experience teams
- You’ll work to establish a team of talented product leaders while also rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty in execution.
- You’ll establish an extensive understanding of the energy ecosystem in both regulated and deregulated environments and how we seek to fundamentally change the landscape.
- You’ll be held accountable for the success of your product line and developing your team.
- You’ll deliver an MVP of the reimagined experience within months of joining the company
- You’ll have a ton of fun along the way.
- MVP reimagined experience delivered within months of joining the company
- Your major KPIs will include SRD (Sales/Rep/Day) and SPH (Sales/Hour) along with others like NPS to track how the sales teams are enjoying and benefitting from the tools you’ll create
- Anyone in the company will be able to retort your products vision, mission, and master plan back if asked at the water cooler
- Your team will sing your praises and you’ll earn 100’s of high fives
- Customer & Design Obsessed - You always puts the customer and their experience at the center of all of your decisions
- Team builder - You’re a talent magnet that people follow with a track record of developing others
- Collaborative - You’re a team player who loves working cross functionally with other super talented individuals
- Strategic & Process Driven - You value the balance between strategy and high functioning day to day processes
- Mission Driven - You’re the type that wakes up every day seeking to make the world a better place for others
- Value Creator - You intuitively focus on creating new/additional value as opposed to protecting value that has already been created
- Endlessly Curious - You constantly seek to learn new things, improve existing gaps, and take on new challenges
- Healthy Mix of Extrinsic and Intrinsically Motivation - The fire burns within you and you’re naturally satisfied by the challenges that you take on - but you’re also incredibly motivated by helping your teams win
- Grit - You’ll do whatever it takes to drive the outcomes that you seek
- Must Have
- You’ve created either consumer facing products like POS systems, eCommerce platforms, and acquisition funnels or heavily used internal sales tools products from ideation through to scale as opposed to maintained or scaled an existing product
- You’ve built strong teams through years of practice to become a great leader
- You consider yourself technical, analytical, and you thrive through cross-functional collaboration experiences
- You’re a strong strategic thinker with excellent communication skills
- Nice to Have
- CS Degree or MBA
- 5+ Years in a Product Leadership position
- Familiar with utility regulatory framework
- Experienced with Face-to-Face Channels (D2D & retail channel)
- You have an understanding of the retail energy ecosystem or energy industry adjacent experience (Demand Response, DERMS, Solar, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience developing strategies to overcome specific market barriers in the early stages of product life-cycle
- Strong experience in market strategy development, including an understanding of market assessment, short and long-range forecasting, risk-assessment and management strategy
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies.
Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
CULTURE & PERKS
- Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant. Inspire calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy.
- Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected movement towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
- Inspire offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance - Not to mention, unlimited vacation, 401(k) plan, and LOTS of cupcakes!