Digital Product Manager at Golden Hippo
WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 202, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Digital Product Manager who will be responsible for ensuring the quality delivery of customer facing digital enhancements that support new customer acquisition, eCommerce, and customer retention.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Translate business requirements into specifications or user stories for technical development teams to build, test, and launch new features
- Coordinate the closure of functional decisions with business managers, design teams, project managers, QA, and development teams to ensure the delivery of high quality features
- Lead stand ups to prioritize sprints and clarify functional issues for technical developers
- Work with QA to develop test plans based on user stories
- Establish the user acceptance criteria for new feature launches
- Build long term digital feature roadmaps for customer facing applications and new experiences
- Act as a backup to the project manager to assist with requirements definition and the technical task coordination related to monthly KPI’s
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required
- 3-5+ years of previous product management experience
- Experience with systems support applications
- Proficient user of G-suite apps, JIRA, and Process Workflow tools (Visio, Lucidchart)
- Experience with effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with Project Management principles
- Experience with information system troubleshooting and general web based architecture
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong aptitude working in fast paced environments with shifting priorities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote