CPO/ SVP, Product at Pluto TV
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
Pluto TV, the leading free streaming television service in America, is in search of a Chief Product Officer / Senior Vice President of Product. You will lead the Product team that is designing and developing the future of OTT linear television and VOD, including the experience of our users, our distribution partners, our content partners and our advertisers. You will create the vision, lead the ideation and support the business case validation, prioritization and execution of our product roadmap.
You are a proven leader who is capable of building world-class product teams and driving a portfolio of products representing a complete end-to-end Internet-delivered consumer service across global markets. You will have demonstrated excellence in building ad-driven consumer products across platforms such as Web, iOS, Android, Roku, or Apple TV.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Strong strategic skills and creativity as a technologist to put the vision into concrete, agile action, working collaboratively with Engineering as a full partner
- Ability to collaborate with Senior Executives and other team members to develop a roadmap that meets strategic objectives, drives business growth requirements, and prioritizes resources amongst projects to optimize outcomes
- Ability to envision and communicate insightful, data-driven, and actionable product strategies
- Proven track record of creating, road-mapping and executing a high-level product vision
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage heavy workloads, shifting between big picture strategy and hands-on execution
- Strong experience in monitoring and measuring launched features to maintain a learning loop that leverages qualitative insights from user research and quantitative results from testing/analytics
- Ability to work cross-functionally with the leaders of other departments to make sure work is seamlessly executed and communicated
- Firm grasp on the interconnected relationship between product and engineering
- Deep understanding of user acquisition, user engagement and transaction funnel analytics, for both mobile and web
- Track record of working closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements and drive the product lifecycle for new features
- Ability to drive feature prioritization, process improvements, and product development with one eye on key business KPIs and the other on the quality of the product
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- 10-15+ years of experience in product management with a focus on online video and consumer facing experiences
- Experience driving A/B testing and user testing to make customer-driven product decisions
- Experience driving rapid, iterative experiments focused on growth and optimizing the subscription-based conversion funnel
- Knowledge of video enablement, including video streaming (HLS/MPEG DASH), DRM, AVOD/SVOD/TVOD business models, and online video platforms
- A strong business sense and ability to clearly articulate product value to partners
- Experience with delivering native apps and growing engagement (on TVs, game consoles, mobile or other platforms)
- Proven ability to motivate teams under pressure and deliver with available resources
- Exceptional written, public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong grasp of product and engineering process development
- Desirable Traits: visionary, strategic, driven, goal-oriented, goal-setting, charismatic, emphathetic, scrappy, grit, intelligent, experienced, proactive, strong communicator, supportive, transparent
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or a related field)
- Based in West Hollywood, CA with occasional travel
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience launching a AVOD/SVOD/TVOD cross-platform service
- Experience building CTV or Mobile entertainment applications
- Experience building cross-platform consumer applications
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.