Associate Product Owner at Grindr
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
- Slumbr – An event series for the high-minded partygoer, combining fashion, music, and art.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Grindr is seeking an entry-level product and project owner who desires to work in building exciting customer-facing mobile features. The Associate Product Owner will support product managers and designers in strategizing, developing and bringing exciting new product features to our users.
- Partner with the Product team to strategize on new features and concepts to attain business goals and increase engagement with Grindr users
- Work closely with UI/UX to produce and refine concepts, story/task flows, and craft requirements ranging from core functional capabilities through complex interactive data visualizations and multistage story/task flows.
- Write user stories, define acceptance criteria and manage the workflow from discovery thru execution and launch
- Assist with intra and cross-department project management – product, marketing, legal, customer service operations, etc.
- Create new product documentation, training materials and demos for internal stakeholders
- Manage content translation workflow for new projects and initiatives.
- Document and prioritize product specifications including goals, use cases and requirements
- Communicate data-supported recommendations, product plan, key issues, and delivery status to key stakeholders including senior management
- 2+ years experience in digital project management – working and collaborating with product managers, designers and developers.
- Knowledge of development and basic understanding of mobile app platforms (iOS/Android) and web.
- Attention to detail, superior time management
- Has worked using iterative development methodologies and A|B testing best practices
- Strong analytical skills; data-driven decision making
- Determines needs, aligns priorities, defines requirements, delivers, and enhances
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Highly collaborative. Builds trust & strong relationships at all levels, influences without formal authority push back when appropriate. Earns respect and respects contributions of others.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Structures, clarifies, and breaks-down problems. Proven experience to concurrently lead multiple strategic and tactical initiatives.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.