Associate Product Manager
We are a small, tight-knit startup looking to hire a junior to mid-level Product Manager in Westwood (near UCLA), Los Angeles. UpKeep is backed by Y Combinator and some of the top VCs in the world. AND we've just been named one of Built in LA's 'Top Places to Work'!
As a startup, we're flexible, agile and we love to learn. We believe in getting to know each customer and understanding their unique needs. We don't believe in strict policies or rigid structures, if you're looking to push the boundaries then UpKeep is the place for you!
As a Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to drive major features for us at UpKeep.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter and can use their best judgment to make fast and efficient decisions. As a startup, we're flexible, agile and we love to learn.
What you'll do
- Talk to customers and potential clients to learn about their challenges
-Use this knowledge to create mockups and wireframes for new features
- Identify product opportunities that maximize value for our customers and business
- Define goals, scope, requirements, and success metrics for product initiatives
- Help balance company growth initiatives with core product needs
- Maintain a prioritized product backlog and conduct sprint meetings (grooming, planning, retro, etc…)
- Help establish and refine our product development process
- Maintain a holistic understanding of the business, industry, and competitors
- Drive project timelines and release schedules
- Help define and coordinate A/B tests to explore and validate new ideas
- Translate company objectives into an actionable product roadmap
- Maintain an expert understanding of our customers through interviews, on-sites, user testing, etc…
- Work closely with Design to define and deliver best-in-class user experiences
- Serve as the product “expert” in conversations with customers and investors
- Work with Customer Success to establish a customer feedback → product backlog pipeline
What you need
- Professional demeanor and a desire to exceed expectations
- Bachelors degree
- Expereince in a PM role or UX role, with a portfolio of products shipped across Web, iOS, and Android
- Comfortable working with raw data sets to develop insights (i.e. spreadsheet skills)
- A high standards bar for the quality of the product’s design and user experience
- Able to make important decisions based on scarce or incomplete data
- Fundamental understanding of technical engineering concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Growth mindset - not afraid to make mistakes, try new things, and keep learning!
- Technical enough to discuss implementation details with engineers
- Use Agile methodology to run backlog grooming, sprint planning, stand-ups
Salary, equity, and benefits are provided.
We recently raised $12.7 million from some of the top VCs in the world. Read more about it on our blog!
Check us out at www.onupkeep.com or http://app.onupkeep.com/
Learn more about our hiring process here: https://onupkeep.com/blog/5-tips-for-applying-to-jobs-at-upkeep/