The Product Engineer with Software Prioritization and Timing will be part of the Software Engineering Function. This person acts to prioritize the work for engineers through communications with the various teams, and reports on progress against the deliverables.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Expert in using JIRA for agile sprints, linking to other appropriate data sources.
- Translating sprint based work into waterfall project plans.
- Producing daily and weekly reports for burn down of the activities planned.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Help maintain both agile and waterfall environments with safety critical and safety related systems.
- Previous user of JIRA and able to set configurations and work processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience as a software project or product manager.
- Experience project managing hardware and software integrations.
- Understanding of performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- BS or MS Degree in relevant field.
- Certified agile coach, scrum master, or similar.
- Certified project management professional, or similar.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.