Windows System Administrator at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
We are looking for a System Administrator to join our growing team at our headquarters. In this role, you will be part of a team supporting our company’s desktop, server, and cloud infrastructure environments. You will be responsible for server support, infrastructure support; Active Directory and user access; hardware and software upgrades; escalated end user and helpdesk support when needed; as well as application support including Microsoft Office365 and Atlassian products.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To help us support our growing 3D printing capabilities and rocket manufacturing, as a System Administrator at Relativity, you will
- Enhance Relativity’s IT team to support our rapid growth across multiple sites.
- Ensure continued up-time on our services and infrastructure throughout the company and across all of our sites.
- Actively participate in the team’s daily tasking and support requirements.
- Plan and implement roadmaps for software and hardware upgrades across the company.
- Ensure we continue to implement and follow best practices across our systems and infrastructure to achieve our mission and goals.
To be successful in this role, you should have 5+ years of experience in IT systems, both server and desktop administration, ideally in a small-to-midsized, high-growth environments at a technology company. Prior experience working across various IT systems, applications and infrastructure (including cloud), and a deep passion for hands-on technical problem solving are critical. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about technology and finding ways to automate tasks, and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree, and 5+ years of experience in system administration
- Expert in Windows desktop and server environments
- Expert in Windows domain architecture experience
- Strong knowledge of Windows and AD security controls
- Experience in managing windows active directory and user access controls
- Experience in networking, routing, subnets, VLAN’s and security protocols
- Experience with cloud environments
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 support
- Demonstrated experience with automation and self-service tools for end users
- Experience in participating in helpdesk escalation support
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Expert knowledge or certification for Azure cloud administration
- Familiarity with containers
- Familiarity with configuration management tools such as SCCM, Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Experience with database administration
- Experience with Atlassian products administration including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Bamboo
- Familiarity with Agile Development processes
- Scripting experience in Powershell, Python, or Perl
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.