VP, Towers & Small Cells at Boingo Wireless
Vice President, Towers & Small Cells
The opportunity for Wireless Infrastructure in a 5G world is enormous. And Boingo is one of the best-positioned players in the space. With our 19-year track record of providing wireless infrastructure in places like LAX, The World Trade Center in NY, and Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base, we have a strong track record of solving complicated connectivity challenges. Our growth has lead to exciting new opportunities including the ability to expand our product portfolio to include outdoor solutions. As the Vice President you’ll lead all facets of our growing business including sales, site acquisition, and operations. Most importantly, you will be responsible for promoting a culture of people-driven teams, high performance, collaboration, and innovation.
What the job entails:
- Full responsibility for one of Boingo’s newest businesses, and an area core to our strategic growth initiatives.
- Accountability and responsibility for all sales, revenue and profitability as well as other key performance indicators
- Lead all facets of the business including business development, site development, and operations
- Build a team within a complicated organizational structure with a focus on lean execution, accountability and velocity
- Develop next level leaders through mentoring, assigning accountabilities, setting objectives, establishing priorities and monitoring and evaluating results
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators while ensuring each department is meeting and exceeding expectations
- Drive innovation and automation to improve efficiency within existing operations processes
- Collaborate with Boingo Executive Team to accomplish short and long-term revenue and profitability goals
- Successfully manage and prioritize business needs using strategic planning techniques and prioritization of competing opportunities
Got what it takes?
- 7-10 years Senior Management working experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- Experience leading, growing, and scaling a business (Tower experience a huge plus)
- Key relationships throughout the wireless ecosystem with an emphasis on executive-level interactions with the large wireless carriers
- Strong P&L and financial aptitude having overseen the financial and administrative activities
- Working knowledge of data analysis and operational performance metrics
- History of successfully building, managing, motivating and retaining high-impact team
- Experience directing and participating in post-client acquisition and growth activities to support overall business objectives
- Proficient in budgeting tools like Excel and Oracle, as well as PowerPoint, and other MS Office tools
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical aspects of wireless network technology, deployment, software development, product and project management
- Proven track record in delivering large-scale revenue and profit goals
- Sound business judgment and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Diplomacy, tact and relationship building skills as well as ability to compromise
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the year domestically
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA five years in a row and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.