VP, Strategic Planning & Operations at DISQO
DISQO is a next-generation consumer insights platform. We provide the highest quality consumer data to the world's largest market research agencies, analytics companies, and brands. We operate one of the world's largest true consumer insights panels. This data helps our clients understand user behavior, build better experiences, and make better decisions. We utilize cutting-edge technology and innovative, out-of-the-box strategies to collect and analyze insights which help shape the products and services of tomorrow.
DISQO is looking for a VP of Strategic Planning and Operations to join us as a strategic partner to our executive team and influence our business growth strategy, in a material way, as we become a multi-product company and expand our global footprint.
The role’s primary objectives are to enable analytically driven strategic decisions and to increase operational excellence across DISQO. The ideal candidate must have a highly versatile skill set to juggle a wide range of responsibilities, including, but not limited to, resource planning and analysis, business goals definition, developing metrics-driven business reviews, managing cadences of key meetings, coordination and leadership of critical projects across the organization, all while embodying our corporate culture and values.
As a critical leader, you will be growth oriented and have a proven track record of proactive operational leadership in a cross-functional environment, be a strategic thinker who can frame and find solutions to the thorniest business challenges, drive results, and be able to move fast while maintaining focus on the highest impact initiatives.
Position reports to our CFO/COO and is based in Los Angeles, CA.
What you will do:
- Strategic Planning and Decision Making Process:
- Continually and proactively evaluate and identify market trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance.
- Size and evaluate new growth opportunities and business models.
- Communicate findings (supported by fact-based analysis) and insights effectively, both verbally and in written form, including authoring executive-ready presentations.
- Help the executive team frame problem statements and approaches for making the right decisions in a timely manner, over and over again.
- Drive cadence of the leadership team (leadership meetings, goals, annual planning, etc.) and facilitate alignment on key issues and opportunities.
- Lead operational reviews to drive decision-making and review progress on goals and priorities (e.g. monthly/quarterly business reviews).
- Support overall strategy, long range planning and budgeting processes, in conjunction with FP&A and functional leaders.
- Definition and Management of Key Performance Metrics:
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and be the person that can connect the dots between teams to identify areas for improvement, efficiency, and collaboration.
- Curate official metrics definitions, set targets and develop plans to improve business performance.
- Build standard business review documents and business requirements for reporting.
- Lead, manage and communicate status, risks and opportunities on critical business strategy and business plan initiatives throughout the organization.
- Lead and conduct rigorous, data-driven analysis to diagnose the current state and model future outcomes for business performance, and ultimately scale.
- Support achievement of KPIs through analysis and execution of high impact initiatives across DISQO.
- Operational Excellence Enablement across the Company:
- Build Operational Excellence as a new capability as DISQO grows in both size and complexity.
- Foster empathy for your stakeholders, their interests and needs to ensure the teams can sustain and embrace changes through clear communication, engagement, and appropriate governance throughout the implementation of operational excellence programs.
- Identify and recommend process improvement opportunities to increase productivity, performance and customer satisfaction.
- Support functional teams on medium/long-term planning including business potential, resourcing and org design.
- Strategy and Implementation of Key Business Systems:
- Define and execute business systems and reporting strategy to provide functional teams with timely and actionable insights.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to ensure seamless integrations with DISQO’s core systems.
- Cross-Functional Leadership:
- Collaborate with functional leaders and other internal stakeholders on key business initiatives, programs, resource planning, and special projects to improve execution and productivity across teams.
- Beyond that, the sky’s the limit. Know that you will be fully supported to reach your full potential and maximize your impact on DISQO’s future.
What you bring to the table:
- 15+ years of post-MBA experience in one or more of the following fields: Strategy Consulting, Sales Planning, Finance or Business Operations. Degrees from top universities preferred.
- Repeat business growth and/or exit successes with high profile SaaS/MarTech startups or demonstrable rapid growth at a Big Three consulting firm.
- Forward-thinking, strategic and tactical leader with superior ability to blend pattern recognition, root cause analysis, systems thinking and six sigma techniques to drive corrective actions. You often see what others can’t and, as a result, have been able to repeatedly make a massive business impact.
- You think like an entrepreneur and have a track record leading multiple concurrent large scale operational projects from inception to successful and timely completion.
- A broad range of experience deploying/correcting business systems implementations, across many functional areas, gives you the ability to strategize a dream stack to meet the business insights and operational needs of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills. You have the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to wide audiences, including executives, and build clear, concise presentations.
- Servant Leadership. You balance your drive for execution with a strong desire to serve others by actively listening to their needs, removing barriers to their success, and acting quickly.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Catered lunches 3x a week
- Stocked pantry
- Happy Hours
- Onsite Fitness Program
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Offsites
- Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.