VP of Merchandising at FIGS
FIGS is seeking a VP of Merchandising to lead the company’s merchandising strategy and team. In this role, you will develop and drive FIGS’ product and merchandise strategy to ensure that we are offering the optimal product assortment at all times, while also meeting the company’s financial targets. The role will work cross functionally with FIGS’ Design, Brand, Marketing, and Inventory Planning teams and will report directly to FIGS’ Co-CEO.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct robust hindsight analyses on current and past product offerings to inform future merchandise strategy. Effectively articulate hindsight findings to key cross-functional partners, including Design, Production, Inventory Planning.
- Maintain and demonstrate expert knowledge of the healthcare apparel landscape and FIGS’ customer base through direct customer feedback and cross-functional partners. Using research and analysis, identify emerging opportunities for product and assortment innovation.
- Develop and own the line plan by working directly with Design to help create and select the styles that will comprise the line.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of easy-to-read assortment sheets and line plans in partnership with Design.
- Maintain financial accountability for the Merchandising function. Partner with Inventory Planning to establish monthly sales, margin, and buy plans by category across all channels.
- Manage all pricing decisions in partnership with Finance and Inventory Planning.
- Participate in garment fittings and reviews to ensure execution meets design aesthetic.
- Lead all communication with Brand and Marketing on merchandise strategy and product features.
- Partner with Brand and Visual Design to ensure photoshoots and marketing campaigns accurately reflect the merchandise strategy and product features.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Inventory Planning, and Ecommerce Product to execute the merchandise life cycle plan.
- Manage, develop, and mentor all merchandising team members.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- 15+ years of merchandising experience within apparel, preferably activewear
- Experience building and leading the merchandising function at a direct-to-consumer brand
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- Excellent communication skills
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
A little bit about us…
The $60 billion medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture wicking, odor proof, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
We are the first medical apparel company to sell directly to healthcare professionals through our ecommerce platform. By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.