Vice President, Information Technology
Our people are our most valuable ingredient at sweetgreen - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly make the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Since opening our doors in 2007, our team has been on a mission to build healthier communities, starting with real food. We’ve been unwavering in our commitment to scratch cooking and transparent sourcing, but over time customer appetite and demand for convenience has grown. As we continue to scale, we need to ensure that our restaurant staff and leadership have access to best in class IT tools and experiences to do their jobs well
We are seeking a Vice President, Information Technology to support sweetgreen’s vision to create a platform-focused, best of breed ecosystem - enabling our product and engineering teams to focus on building competitive advantage through digital experiences.
This role will partner with business stakeholders, Store Teams, Product, and Engineering teams to oversee our IT Support Model, improve technology interoperability, remove platform risk, and ensure excellent in IT operations.
Key Areas of Ownership Include:
- Serve as single-threaded owner for IT vision, strategy, operations and support
- Lead a team providing exceptional onsite and remote hardware/software support to restaurants, office and regional users
- Ensure IT issues are escalated, tracked, and resolved with the appropriate stakeholders and vendors
- Ensure restaurants as well as other business operations and regional users are completely satisfied with IT support services
- Lead purchase, configuring, and installation of all new restaurant POS and Restaurant-focused, and select back office systems
- Maintain and update aforementioned systems
- Support and troubleshooting for our Mobile App(s) / Website / Loyalty Program / Online Ordering platforms
- Plan and deploy adjustments to hardware/software based on national and regional requirements, legal controls, or regulatory compliance protocols
- Feedback/support for Special Projects (including implementations of new restaurant/corporate IT solutions)
- Lead maintenance and support for restaurant network infrastructure
- Strategic vision and the ability to see where the organization is headed, define opportunities, and drive recommendations around support-focused products/features within current and to be selected solutions
- Align with current teams/processes and support ongoing improvements to make them more efficient. Ensure teams have a proactive approach to thinking holistically around technology solutions versus delivery against commitments.
- Continually seek opportunities for driving greater impact through our technology ecosystem. Prioritize improvements to the team member support experience.
- More than 10 years of IT Support Leadership in a store-focused environment (e.g. tech-focused retail, commercial bank branches, etc.)
- Significant experience supporting custom applications with major enterprise technology partners such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Strong customer service, organization, and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant POS platform and kitchen operations systems is preferred
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to multi-task
- Strong understanding of enterprise-level software, hardware, telephony and connectivity
- Ability to lead large, geographically distributed team while maintaining service SLAs.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships and gain agreement with timelines and data requirements from both internal and external stakeholders
- The maturity to embrace ambiguity and ability to adapt according to the market and the continuing innovation at sweetgreen
- Strong leadership behaviors, approachability, and a reputation as an unwavering role model
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel for up to 50% of work schedule to locations across the US
- Passion for organization and an aptitude for prioritizing multiple projects
Great Candidates for the position will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
- Holistic Technology Mindset + Approach
- Able to work from the end customer backwards, understanding their technical challenges, and relentlessly pursue opportunities to improve operational excellence
- Data-driven within people-first environment; understanding for the interplay of non-technical teams and technology to deliver outstanding services
- Analytics literacy - strong grasp for usage of support metrics use cases within the corporate environment
- Understands KPIs from quantitative and qualitative perspective, the way holistic platform solutions affect them, and how to build measurement and feedback loops for both
- Process Management
- Exceptional combination of strategic thinking and detail orientation.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with a variety of styles.
- Able to clearly explain complex concepts, clarify context, requirements, and processes.
- Forward thinking to identify opportunities, take initiative, and think through future implications
- Passion + Patience
- A healthy obsession with digital tools + technology that lead to new and useful ways for solving problems
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to consider multiple audiences, bring people along the change curve, and articulate rationale for change throughout the organization
- A proactive, high energy attitude geared towards achieving continuous improvement.
- A laser focus on getting things done, and an inspiring level of patience as you work through ambiguity. Ability to creatively solve hard problems in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.