Vice President, Global Client Services
Vice President, Global Client Services
Introduction to Deluxe Distribution “The world’s leading content creators, broadcasters, OTTs, and distributors rely on Deluxe’s experience and expertise to create, transform, localize, and distribute content.”
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group is a leading provider of a broad range of services and technologies for the global digital media and entertainment industry. We’re always looking for people who bring new perspectives and thrive on the ability to envision new solutions and execute big ideas.
Bringing together a comprehensive network of specialized companies with best-in-class artistry, cutting-edge technology, streamlined delivery and distribution solutions and customized management strategies, Deluxe approaches all its businesses with an ingrained attention to quality, detail and creativity. From start to finish, in whatever format or language is required, Deluxe has the infrastructure and in-house capacity to provide complete solutions to a broad range of customers, including: major motion picture studios, television networks and cable companies, advertising agencies, brands, production companies, independent distributors and content owners.
Distribution Solutions include Digital Cinema, Delivery and Localization with a comprehensive portfolio of featured products and services offered to our clients.
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues’ and clients’ needs, we anticipate the “what if” and always exceed expectations.
Purpose & Scope of Role
Purpose: The Vice President, Global Client Services primary objectives are to coach and mentor our people to deliver a best in class client experience deriving maximum value for the client while ensuring profitability for Deluxe Distribution.
Scope: The Vice President, Global Client Services is a key member of the Client Services Executive team and plays a critical role of shaping and executing the strategic plans and overall experience for the global client account they are assigned to.
Working within a highly dynamic operation, this position has overall responsibility for client liaison and account management with a geographical remit spanning World Wide. We are a People first organization and that means our Clients and our teams, so this role will include the leadership and ongoing development of a talented team of Directors, Managers, and Coordinators; managing the delivery of multiple distribution deliverables with high quality service levels; inclusive of mediation to resolve resource planning and performance issues within the department; and overseeing higher level client relations, with an expectation of exploring new business opportunities both within and outside the existing core revenue spend and ensuring that the overall account is invoiced consistently and receivables are monitored.
Exceptional collaborative internal and external relationships will be a key feature of the role.
Our global operations run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, delivering services to demanding clients, which means we are highly focused on our client’s needs. We are in the process of transforming our technology infrastructure, to provide you with the best tools, built in-house, to deliver a best-in-class service to our clients.
Key Result Areas
The role has two key leadership objectives
1. Set-up and transform the function:
a. Work with the teams to find ways of bringing efficiencies to current workflows.
b. Restructure and consolidate the teams to implement improved workflows.
c. Develop best in class processes and procedures to manage risk.
d. Develop and oversee KPIs and reporting protocols
2. Ongoing leadership and management responsibility:
a. Create a culture of excellence and continuous improvement in line with Deluxe values.
b. Ensure performance reviews and career conversations are relevant and tie to both the individual’s growth strategy and the vision of the business. Work closely with HR to manage people issues.
c. Report and escalate all successes and wins in an open and timely manner.
d. Ensure the department’s operations are delivered on time and within budget.
e. Strategically manage scheduling of resources, and deliver clear reporting metrics as agreed with the SVP of Global Client Services on a regular basis.
3. Account Management
a. Work closely with the Senior Vice President, Global Client Services as well as the Deluxe Sales Team to identify and secure new business opportunities
b. Maintain and improve key client relationships
c. Create an open and honest working atmosphere that can proactively identify and fix issues before they impact our service to the client.
d. Take ownership of client P&L with Account Management and provide regular updates to the Senior Vice President, Global Client Services, alongside medium-to-long financial forecasting and planning.
e. Ensure that service pricing is consistent, logical and competitive.
f. Draft pricing proposals and provide key support in new contract discussions.
g. Provide business analysis to Senior Vice President, Global Client Services and liaise closely with Finance team to ensure monthly reporting is correct and verified.
h. Ensure services are delivered to budget and at or above agreed SLAs.
i. Act as the senior point of liaison and escalation for issues.
j. Work closely with Head of Operations to ensure all client requirements are consistently delivered at or above agreed SLAs.
k. Ability to forecast to support strategic planning to ensure we are prepared to resource future unconfirmed projects.
l. Ensure all client reporting is presented accurately and timely.
m. Understand and maintain pricing records and contract history.
n. Ensure there is an ongoing drive for continuous improvement.
o. Identify, drive and support stream-lining of functional and cross-functional processes.
The key measures of success for this role will be:
• Client demonstrates trust in us by growing their business with us.
• Client SLAs and delivery dates are consistently met/exceeded.
• Create a succession plan in concert with HR.
• Ensure that individuals on your team are being groomed for promotion opportunities.
• Increase engagement of the Client Services team and decrease attrition.
• New business opportunities are quickly realized and implemented in a timely manner
• Managers have coaching and mentoring support in managing their team and workload.
• Distribution Client Services are known as a high performing team that are constantly willing and able to exceed expectations.
Key Relationships With
• Heads of Departments, Global Sales Teams, International Client Service HoDs, Finance, Clients
• The role will report to the Senior Vice President of Global Client Services and will be expected to contribute to the future growth of the overall Global Business. The role will be based in Los Angeles, California, with travel to Deluxe’s other sites as needed.
Skills Experience Required
• 10+ years’ experience of working within a busy, deadline driven client environment with responsibility for 15+ staff
• A knowledge on Localization, Digital Cinema, CEA, Advanced Digital Formats and digital / component delivery specs an advantage
• A knowledge of distribution technologies, client ordering workflows, and resource coordination
• Exceptional at developing sales and/or new business opportunities
• Ability to negotiate commercial terms with clients
• Experience of dealing directly with large ‘blue chip’ clients
• A track record of successfully delivering time critical projects to a pre-agreed budget
• Client Servicing qualifications and/or experience
• Must have exceptional skillset across Microsoft Office; experience of a scheduling system would be beneficial
Personal Skills Required
• Excellent communication skills
• A ‘Can do’ attitude
• Exceptional Team Leader
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Commitment to continuous improvement
• Excellent attention to detail
• Confident and able to tackle challenging situations
• Innovative approach to work and problem solving
• Eager and ready to learn
• A lot of the content we handle is highly confidential so we comply with strict security protocols including having highly secure facilities for our people to work in.
Scope of Role
• Components and/or priorities of the role may change based on the needs of the business and at the discretion of your manager and/or the President.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.