Vibration Technician at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented vibe technician to join a rapidly growing space start up. You will be the first vibe technician on the Avionics team, responsible for performing vibration testing, setting up test components and fixtures, and maintaining lab equipment.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform vibration testing including random, sine, sine on random and shock testing
- Setup and program vibration control systems
- Mount instrumentation on test components and fixtures
- Properly mount and torque mechanical fixtures
- Maintain vibe lab equipment like shakers, amplifiers, cooling units and blower systems
- Perform functional testing on Avionics, Propulsion and Structures components
- Develop and modify testing procedures
- Able to support testing out of house
As a vibe technician, you will be proactive, document and implement best practices, and partner with engineers to conduct robust tests. You are able to thrive in ambiguity, take extreme ownership and value high quality testing. You ideally have worked in a fast paced aerospace environment. You have a “can do” attitude, are eager to learn, and communicate clearly and frequently.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of experience as a vibe technician or similar in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Must be able to lift 25lb unassisted.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Prior work experience in the aerospace industry, or highly reliable operating environments.
- Experience with vibration and shock testing.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.