US Operations Supervisor - iHerb Logistics at iHerb
Under the guidance of the Director of US Operations of iHerb Logistics, the US Operations Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision and management of iHerb Logistics’ US warehouse, US trucking, and international ocean import and export activities. Aiming to maximize iHerb Logistics’ US business growth and profitability, the US Operations Supervisor ensures to optimize workflow, control budget spending, increase labor efficiency and material efficiency, apply continuous enhancements through automation, and improve customer service. This position acts as the primary liaison with Transportation Vendors as well as collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive further transportation efficiencies for the organization. Additionally, this position is responsible for coaching and supervising the US Ops team with their performance and development.
- Build out the US Delivery Sort Centers and establish operational processes/ process improvement initiatives
- Ensure quality control of all facility output as it pertains to customer satisfaction and delivery of services
- Establish reporting systems to monitor performance and budget for weekly review sessions with the Director of US Operations
- Manage facility operations to meet budget and other financial goals
- Collaborate with Inbound/Outbound Vendors, Ocean and Domestic Trucking Carriers, US Customs Brokers, and internal management teams to review and gain consensus on forecasted demand
- Monitor on-time performance, delivery effectiveness and transportation optimization trends to minimize transportation-related costs
- Oversee Transportation capacity and contingencies for seasonality, new project implementations, DC expansions and etc.
- Support the Director of US Ops in forming and maintaining strong partnerships with Trucking Carriers, Ocean Freight Forwarders, US Customs Brokers, and other Transportation Vendors
- Participate in contract and rate negotiation processes with the Director of US Ops
- Analyze distribution data, prepare and present reports, and suggest improvements based on key performance indicators to help management team for decision-making
- Supervise US Ops Coordinators and Specialists for scheduling and monitoring transportation-related activities including pickups and deliveries on a daily basis
- Ensure deliveries are compliant with all safety and regulatory requirements
- Lead, train, set strategic directions and provide guidance to the US operations team members
- Strong knowledgeable of freight forwarding, domestics and international import/export regulations
- Suggest and implement corrective action in case of issues that may arise
- Identifies opportunities to enhance Global Logistics Freight Forwarding and Domestic Trucking practices and implements consistent processes across the organization
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Develop policies, procedures, methods, or standards
- Highly motivated and well organized
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of freight forwarding operations
- Bilingual or multilingual a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
- Generally requires a minimum of three (3) years or more years of experience in a freight forwarding environment with deep knowledge of transportation economics and supply chain and/or supervisory experience in delivery operations, i.e., sort centers, hub centers, etc.
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.