Technical Support Engineer at Emotive.io
About the Role
Our Customer Experience team is responsible for designing and delivering world-class experiences for our customers. We partner with our customers to understand their goals and work towards providing value while driving long-term relationships for mutual success. As the Technical Support Engineer, you will serve as the bridge between Emotive and the amazing people who use our product.
You'll be responsible for:
- Mastering the Emotive platform in order to efficiently and effectively diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to promptly resolve customer issues
- Asking customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Ensuring proper recording and closure of all issues
- Documenting technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals for both internal and external audiences
- Providing step-by-step technical help, either written or verbal and in English and Spanish
- Empathizing with the customer’s perspective and providing the best solutions that are aligned with Emotive's core values.
- Properly escalating unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams while providing clear steps to reproduce and detailed troubleshooting steps
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- You have demonstrated understanding of the following languages: SQL, JSON, Rest API, HTML, but this does not mean you need to be a software engineer.
- You have experience using developer tools, APIs and error logs to diagnose and troubleshoot client issues both with their network and software.
- You have excellent, written and verbal, language skills (English and Spanish).
- You possess 2-3+ years of experience in a similar role; experience with SaaS companies and startups a plus.
- You are comfortable working independently and reporting into a remote manager.
- You can be available for a 2nd shift and on-call rotation on the weekends as necessary.
- You’re an excellent communicator who is technically curious, enjoys problem solving and translating technical concepts across various customer profiles.(Even if the problems aren’t well-defined, even if the usual solutions aren’t working, and even if it’s the fifth person you’ve helped solve that problem today.)
- You possess a “customer first” attitude and a strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done.
- You’re attentive to the little details and you believe people’s experience matters.
- You drive towards efficiency, thinking on your feet to find creative solutions to requests and directional changes.
- You welcome constructive criticism and customer feedback
- You thrive in a high pressure environment, closing out issues quickly and accurately and are comfortable dealing with customers who are already frustrated that their systems are malfunctioning.
- You possess strong telephone etiquette skills to ensure constructive, professional relationships with colleagues and customers, very comfortable with Zoom or Video.
- You demonstrate active listening and written communication follow-up skills to know how to tactfully communicate directions to clients to ensure customers get the information they need without feeling frustrated or talked down to.