Technical Support Engineer at SimplePractice
SimplePractice is the future of practice management. We’re at the forefront of making it simple for clinicians to run and grow their practices. We’ve built the highest-rated practice management software and we’re on track to become the most-used product in our industry.
Our team is looking for a Technical Support Engineer who is patient, empathetic, and highly communicative. We are looking for the great problem-solvers that have a positive attitude and can anticipate the needs of our growing customer base. This role is a blend of support specialist and technical resource and will act as the technical liaison between our Engineering and Customer Success teams.
This role is an incredible opportunity for an aspiring software engineer looking to gain exposure to a world class engineering team. You’ll be interfacing with our engineering team on a daily basis while picking up valuable knowledge about back-end and front-end technologies. For the right candidate this role can grow into a full-fledged software engineering role on our team.About You
- You are a passionate, talented engineer, willing to push the limits of existing technology and create the best possible user experience
- Work on the front-end and backend to develop new features from start to finish,
- You are delighted by good design and bring that taste to your front-end work
- You love building products that help thousands of customers in their day to day life
- Identify the root cause of issues
- Troubleshoot and fix minor issues for SimplePractice customers
- Quantify scope and severity for issues
- Communicate symptoms of issues
- Willingness to become familiar with our front and back-end application code as well as our data model
- Developing an understanding of a SimplePractice customer’s journey, the potential issues they can run into, and any necessary fixes / workarounds provided in the past.
- Being an engineering resource for Customer Success by being embedded in a cross-functional squad
- Taking ownership of issues and ensuring following through until issue resolution
- Working with various cross-functional squads at SimplePractice regarding new products and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability
- Contributing to technical documentation (such as Guru) for internal and/or external use
- 1-2 years experience in a technical customer support role or software development experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, along with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent documentation skills
- Basic understanding or willingness to learn technical concepts and development process
- Strong problem-solving skills, applicable to large and complex system scenarios
- Customer management and customer service skills.
We build software that helps health & wellness professionals run their private practice. We’ve helped thousands of professionals by offering intuitive, user-centric software that’s totally focused on running a business and helping patients. That’s all our customers care about so that’s all we care about. We know this because we value relationships and constantly speaking with customers is the only way to deliver a great product.
Let’s talk- it’s in our DNA!