Technical Operations Manager
Technical Operations Manager
Boingo Wireless is one of the world's leading Wi-Fi and cellular operations, offering high-speed Wi-Fi to military, airport, retailers and other large venues. We are seeking a dynamic, technically-savvy, forward-thinking manager to manage the Tech Operations team of analysts at Boingo Wireless. The Technical Operations analysts act as escalation points for our Tier 1 and Tier 2 customer care teams, investigating and analyzing issues, and forwarding to the NOC, network engineering and/or field engineering teams as needed.
If you have a great background in networking (CCNA a huge plus), we'd love to chat with you!
- Day-to-Day oversight of Technical Operations (Tech Ops) team of analysts and provide coverage as needed.
- Serve as subject matter expert and escalation point for both Tech Ops and Tier 2 Tech Support teams.
- Coordinate information sharing and cross-functional project work across multiple departments .
- Work together with analysts on team to manage the Field Engineering dispatch system to allocate Field Engineer resources to resolve customer complaints.
- Prepare and present analytical reporting to multiple department managers and company executives, as requested.
- Analyze historical customer data to recognize network-related vs individual customer issues and to Network Engineering, NOC and/or Field Engineering team as needed.
- Gather, organize and present data as part of weekly call to multiple teams to identify and highlight performance-related issues at a customer, area, venue or network level.
- Develop and maintain Wiki FAQs, JIRA filters, customized Splunk queries and Splunk dashboards for multiple department and team usage.
- Develop and implement best practices in Tech Support Lifecycle Process, procedures, business rules, tools and reporting requirements.
- Develop and implement Tech Support KPIs/SLA’s and manage and monitor to them on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- May perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or required.
- Perform all required functions in an accurate, efficient and professional manner. Follow all company policies and procedures and comply with all performance and attendance standards.
- 5 years of experience working in a fast-paced customer support environment requiring heavy telephone, e-mail, and/or face-to-face interaction; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CCNA, CWNA, CCENT, or CompTia certification required - CCNA being the preferred certification.
- Functional understand of basic networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP as well as more advanced concepts such as subnetting, routing and switching and NAT/PAT.
- Familiar with enterprise networking hardware including core, access and distribution switches, core and out-of-band routers, access points and AP controllers and backhaul radios.
- Able to read and modify network diagrams to understand and visualize network hierarchy and architecture.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, able to correlate information from multiple data sources to identify trends, perform root-cause analysis and proactively identify potential issues.
- Knowledgeable in the use of network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds to monitor and troubleshoot network connectivity issues. Perform basic root cause analysis of reported issues.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Splunk to perform analysis on data using queries and dashboards.
- Proven management and leadership capabilities.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and organizational and problem solving skills with consistent accuracy, strong initiative and ability to work in a cross-functional manner with multiple departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the Boingo Wireless organization.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as required, is essential. Hours may include evenings, and weekends.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more. We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products.
Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.